What's new

Hemingway Nat. vs. Maduro?

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Guys, I just finished a WOAM and earlier I had a nice Hemingway Short story. I have got to say that I am slightly disapointed in the WOAM. The Cameroon short story has much better taste and flavor than the WOAM. The WOAM is slightly bland without any real taste or kick. I'd say I like the Cameroon wrapper better than the maduro. What are your guy's opinion on the two verions. Or might I need to smoke a couple more Maddi's to form more of an opinion of them?

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I think that the maddies are TOTALLY different than the normal Hemingways...a completely different animal. They are both equally good, but which is "better" will depend on individual taste preferences.

Personally, I love them both, but I prefer the slightly richer taste of the maddies.

smokinafuente

This space for rent.
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Martinsburg, WV ...Home of the Martinsburg Mafia.
I think that the maddies are TOTALLY different than the normal Hemingways...a completely different animal. They are both equally good, but which is "better" will depend on individual taste preferences.

Personally, I love them both, but I prefer the slightly richer taste of the maddies.
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

:rofl:

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
They are definately two different animals. I too would take the maddie over the natural anyday. Also, as someone else said, the maddies with some age are unbelievable. For the first year to year and a half I smoked cigars, I prefered natty everything over maduro, even hemingways. Now its maduro hands down. I think this is true of many smokers (maybe not?). I find there is a complexity to a maduro that I much prefer over the naturals. Give those maduros some time Kelly, it took me a bit to warm up to em as well. Also, you had probably built it up in your mind such that it would have been hard to surpass your expectations. Short story v WOAM...not even a contest IMHO, however, you may want to try a WOA natural. :pimp1:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly, I too, am a Maduro Addict, and especially when it comes to any of the Hemingway's. Especially the Work of Art. Even without extra time on them, I find them to be rich and smooth, with a LOT of flavor, which is why I love Maduor cigars.
But, as with anything hand made, you're going to have a lot of variables, and it is all about personal likes and dislikes.
I'd certainly encourage you to try another one!

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Perhaps you should compare apples-to-apples....

I would suggest you find a Hemingway Classic and a Hemingway Classic Maduro, preferably the same relative age. Since they are the exact same vitola (unlike the WOAM and the Short Story, which are two different sized stickes) a comparison between the two should provide a more accurate representation of the difference between natural and maduro Hemingways.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I have smoked a ton of the Hemingway Nat. Masterpeices, classic, Short stories. I am very familar with those, I was just really suprised with the complete difference in taste. With just a change in wrapper, I belive.

Frank N

CFL
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hmmm, I know where there is a Hemingway Classic Maduro, but I don't know if it will be in the box by the time it his Donk's door step. lol

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Weird, I did not read this thread before today. On the way home Tuesday, I stopped by my local B&M and bought the Hemingway classic in both natural and maduro to try them. Now I am really glad I did.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Weird, I did not read this thread before today. On the way home Tuesday, I stopped by my local B&M and bought the Hemingway classic in both natural and maduro to try them. Now I am really glad I did.
Isn't it obvious?

You're psychic and you read my mind! :rolling:

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Give it a try and report back on your thoughts between the two, I'd like to hear what you thought of them. Paired together.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
i'm a hemmingway junkie! always have a box of short stories on hand. my #1 'go to' cigar!! have only had a few maduros. the WOAM was absolutely fantastic. the classic was, eh ok. i'll smoke a maddie any chance i can!

jeff