What's new

Hemmingway Short Story

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
This was my first time to smoke one of these. I'd had it in the humi for about 6 months. I had it with a glass of water so as not to interfere with the flavor for a first time smoke.

Appearance was, as expected - flawless. I carefully clipped it and it lit without any problem. Burn was perfect, the ash held on almost up to the band. I love it when they do that!:blushlove

The draw was very nice, not too loose - just right. Lots of leather and some nutty flavor. A very enjoyable smoke lasting about an hour. I'll have to add this to my "buy a box list". Overall, I'd give this one a 90. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go tend to my burned finger tips!

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
I was a big fan of the Hemingway line at one time, one of my favs at the time. :thumbsup:
Was this before you went to the dark side of cuban cigars?

I had one of these over the summer and quite enjoyed it. Toothy wrapper, interesting shape, nice burn, robust flavor.

Doofus

Spoon!
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
When I first got into cigars, I'd heard/read so much about the Hemi SS's, that when my shop got some, I bought 1/2 a box, without having tried one. I gave them every chance, including letting them age for a year, but I just don't like them. They all seem to burn hot to me. I ended up giving the rest away.

Now, the Best Sellers, they have a sweetness and extra depth that I don't find in the Short Stories, IMHO.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Doofus said:
When I first got into cigars, I'd heard/read so much about the Hemi SS's, that when my shop got some, I bought 1/2 a box, without having tried one. I gave them every chance, including letting them age for a year, but I just don't like them. They all seem to burn hot to me. I ended up giving the rest away.

Now, the Best Sellers, they have a sweetness and extra depth that I don't find in the Short Stories, IMHO.
I just recently bought a box of the best sellers :thumbsup:

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I used to like these when I first started smoking but eventually gravitated towards the fuller/strong Padron 26/64 :thumbsup: . Now I spend less for cigars (per stick anyway) and get more enjoyment out of them :smile:

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The Fuentes are probably the only Non Cuban I realy like. They are usually consistent and very smooth.

The short story is a great cigar when you dont have much time and want to smoke a good Fuente.

Nice Review.