What's new

Here goes nothing.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, I did it. I finally did it.

After weeks of research I realized last night that I have been over researching things and just need to "bite the bullet" so to say.

I just ordered the following blend kits from WLT:

Melodiosa Cremosa
Oscuro y Rico
Sabrosa Medio II
Terroso Profundo
Honduras Gran Habano

Its my first order of whole leaf tobacco and my first foray into rolling cigars. Did I go overboard....probably....do I care, not a chance.

I figured that would give me a good variety of different tobaccos that I can play around with. Now to figure out a mold.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Getting the tobacco is a good first step. Watch some noobie rolling vids on YouTube. Don't stress a mold yet. Form your bunches with paper strips. Get even bunches with a good draw first. Once you git good at that and decide this hobsession is your jam, start adding equipment. Enjoy the ride. If you don't, you're doing it wrong

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well, I did it. I finally did it.

After weeks of research I realized last night that I have been over researching things and just need to "bite the bullet" so to say.

I just ordered the following blend kits from WLT:

Melodiosa Cremosa
Oscuro y Rico
Sabrosa Medio II
Terroso Profundo
Honduras Gran Habano

Its my first order of whole leaf tobacco and my first foray into rolling cigars. Did I go overboard....probably....do I care, not a chance.

I figured that would give me a good variety of different tobaccos that I can play around with. Now to figure out a mold.

You ain't even begun to go overboard yet, b'lieve me.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Two bits of advice (for what it's worth).
First, do what Brewholligan said and use the paper strips instead of molds. I struggled with molds for a couple of years before discovering the paper strips. They work great!
Second, I think you'll find the blends that WLT recommends for the kits will give you the best results. My attempts at improving on the WLT blends were a waste of time.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Definitely start with newspaper strips, thats my favorite mold. You can bunch tapered perfectos or straight parejos. Paper strips are very versatile.
Don't forget to share pics of those homerolls!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iam growing some plants right now for personal use. Last year I also grew some plants and have been letting the leaves age for a year. Iam going to start rolling last years grow and I was wondering if someone cold describe the paper strip thing for molding as I would like to try it too as I don't have a mold.

Thank you Dan

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Iam growing some plants right now for personal use. Last year I also grew some plants and have been letting the leaves age for a year. Iam going to start rolling last years grow and I was wondering if someone cold describe the paper strip thing for molding as I would like to try it too as I don't have a mold.

Thank you Dan
You pretty much tear a strip of paper and apply it like a tight wrapper leaf. Tape the end and then let it sit for a few hours. I'll get some pics on my next session....

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Iam going to start rolling last years grow and I was wondering if someone cold describe the paper strip thing for molding as I would like to try it too as I don't have a mold.
I cut brown paper into about 3/4" wide stripes and wrap it tight around like the wrapper leaf. Don't use too wide a strip because it won't wrap as tight. Let it sit for 30 minutes or longer. The result is that all the veins and wrinkles are pressed flat just like using a mold. I've used a mold and the paper is just as good. It's slower than a mold but I'm not rolling hundreds a day.
I wish I had a photo of a stick after the paper comes off. Maybe someone else does.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
the first time I met Pepin Garcia was at a rolling event.
His roller had "blanks" waiting for wrapper, these were rolled up in newspaper, the ends of which were twisted to hold things tight.
Anybody use this method?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Got the tracking number this morning. ETA is Thursday. Mail gets delivered around noon-ish. Unfortunately, Thursday is my Monday. It's going to be a very long 4 days at work.

Sounds to me like you may be coming down with something.
Hope you get over it by Saturday.

Sent from my whydoIneedtoknowyourmodelofphone using whydoIneedtoknowyouruselessapp

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sounds to me like you may be coming down with something.
Hope you get over it by Saturday.

Sent from my whydoIneedtoknowyourmoleofphone using whydoIneedtoknowyouruselessapp
I just might. Lol. Working will slow my progress down tho. Give me some time before I go in each day to make sure I have everything I need and not rush into rolling. Things like getting the glue ready, making sure the leaves are cased properly, second guessing myself on the case multiple times, watching videos for the 100th time.

You know, overly excited new hobby stuff.