What's new

Here we go.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The peoples representatives have nothing better, or more pressing than this? What a crock of shit. They deserve not to be paid.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Distraction from the things that really need to have attention paid to them....I'll let you draw your own conclusions, my views might incite a riot.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
This has got to be the stupidest piece of legislation to come around in quite some time. And some of the quotes in there just blow my mind! Then again, it doesn't really surprise me based on some of the other legislation I've seen passed in TX.

smokinafuente

This space for rent.
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Martinsburg, WV ...Home of the Martinsburg Mafia.
If this is only for schools then I'm all for it. My nine year old daughter was just in a cheerleading class for ages 8 - 11. In one of the routines they had to turn around, lean forward and shake there butts at the crowd. I didn't much care for it myself as it was more lewd than playful. At the end of that class my girl said that she didn't feel conformable doing that. I was proud of her for that and told her that if she wasn't convertible with it not to do it. I talked to a few other parents at the next class who felt the same way. I was set to voice my disapproval to the teacher at the end of class. But she came over to the parents and said the my girl got 7 or 8 (out of about 12) of the other girls to tell the teacher that they would not do the, as she called it, "the booty shake". We then had a long talk on her cheerleading career. I told her that the further she got in to it the more of that crap they do. She was not happy about that but she knew it was true. She said that this would more than likely be the last time she takes a cheerleading class. She was heart broken but stood her ground on what she felt was right.

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Congrats to you and your daughter !!!
If more kids and parents tried to do the right thing and and did not just use the cop out of "but everybody else is doing it" A lot of this kind of shit would go away.

It way seem trivial and petty but as Smokin; put it, It is different when it is your kid.

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
smokinafuente said:
If this is only for schools then I'm all for it. My nine year old daughter was just in a cheerleading class for ages 8 - 11. In one of the routines they had to turn around, lean forward and shake there butts at the crowd. I didn't much care for it myself as it was more lewd than playful. At the end of that class my girl said that she didn't feel conformable doing that. I was proud of her for that and told her that if she wasn't convertible with it not to do it. I talked to a few other parents at the next class who felt the same way. I was set to voice my disapproval to the teacher at the end of class. But she came over to the parents and said the my girl got 7 or 8 (out of about 12) of the other girls to tell the teacher that they would not do the, as she called it, "the booty shake". We then had a long talk on her cheerleading career. I told her that the further she got in to it the more of that crap they do. She was not happy about that but she knew it was true. She said that this would more than likely be the last time she takes a cheerleading class. She was heart broken but stood her ground on what she felt was right.
This is where the line is drawn.....NOT by legislation!