What's new

Here's my story...

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I owned a building products company that sold windows, siding, roofing, etc to contractors. Two years ago I had to close my doors because construction in NJ just died. So I decided to open another business. I started a property management company and I did some real estate to try and make ends meet. I hated it. I started applying to different cigar manufacturers looking for a sales job. I got a job with a upstart new cigar company, Manifiesto Cigars. Great smoke. 100% Dominican Puro. My problem is that they weren't ready for my energy level and ideas. The very first sales call I made for them was to a new B&M in my town. I hit it off with the owner and he offered me a job. Long story short, yesterday he hired me full time. This might be the first time in my life that I am doing exactly what I want to do to make a living. I can't wait to start. This will be the first time that I can honestly say that I will jump out if bed every morning and look forward to going to work. I feel like a new man. Life is good...

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Good for you Joe. Not a lot of people find it easy getting out of bed in the morning for that reason. I love my job 9 days out of 10, but I really don't have a lot of BS to put up with. Keep us posted bro!

KK33

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
This industry is very hard to get in. I applied for every cigar job I could find. Everything from outside sales to working the register. I sent out letters of introduction to many of the manufacturers. If any if you guys are ever in Wall, NJ, come check me out at Beachouse Cigars. Awesome selection and a nice lounge with a huge TV.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Awesome story Joey!

If you're doing what you love them work is never a 4 letter word. It's great to hear that you landed a gig that makes you happy. Life is good sometimes!!

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I love a story with a happy ending. thanks for waiting this one out. Although, not really an ending, so keep us posted on how its going.

Jaricon

AKA Jeri-Curl
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Big congrats! I keep tryin to get into my fav local b&m but I get brushed off with they dont like hiring customers. Quite a quandary cause of all the shops around me i wont go to any other haha. Again congrats and enjoy