What's new

Herf-A-Dor Seal

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Has anyone else had issues with their Herf-A-Dor lid sealing properly? I'm going fishing tomorrow and decided to test my Herf-A-Dor and to my surprise it doesn't fully seal. I placed a flashlight inside and it shines light out of both ends. Short term, I suppose I'll place my cigars in a ziplock back before placing them inside the box. Long term, does anyone have any budget friendly alternatives?

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Unfortunately the black color absorbs heat easily and they melt/warp.i left mine on my front seat in the sun and it turned to shit like yours. You can try melting it back or buying a new one. U can easily get new ones for $10 on auction. Or better yet find a cigar u like that gives the herf in the package deal

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Unfortunately the black color absorbs heat easily and they melt/warp.i left mine on my front seat in the sun and it turned to shit like yours. You can try melting it back or buying a new one. U can easily get new ones for $10 on auction. Or better yet find a cigar u like that gives the herf in the package deal
I'm sure that's exactly how mine became warped too. It spends a good amount of time in my truck in Georgia heat. Good point on looking for packages that include another one. I'll keep an eye out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Unless you are using it for long term storage, I wouldn't let it concern you. Cigars are significantly more resilient than you think.
Thanks for the encouragement. I'm not too worried about them, as long as the box doesn't get wet on the boat.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If you use a boveda pack in the herfador you may consider just putting the entire herfador in a plastic bag so your gars have access to the humidity control

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
My herfador is warped too.. fine for daily use with a boveda, but I've been planning to pick up a better replacement... For the short term, maybe a ziplock to ensure the seal while fishing? Long term, xikar, or a pelican case to put your foam in..

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woof, just left my small one in my car the past couple days and it's been in the 90's, going to have to re-check the seal now for when I bring mine fishing and to the beach as well.

How long have you had yours for? Did you ever feel the seal was off when you closed it?

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Woof, just left my small one in my car the past couple days and it's been in the 90's, going to have to re-check the seal now for when I bring mine fishing and to the beach as well.

How long have you had yours for? Did you ever feel the seal was off when you closed it?
I've had it for 3 years. I've never really had any suspisions or feelings it wasn't sealing correctly. I only checked it since it's coming on the boat with me. Our fishing boat only really has one little compartment that is really safe from water.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
i don't even think with a replacment seal that you are gonna plug that hole
Agreed, there are two corners that have gaps definetly caused by warping that can't be fixed by swapping in a new rubber seal.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I think they are coming from the factory like that. I went through two returning them and getting another. Finally just took the seal out, put a bead of aquarium sealant in the groove, let it dry, then put the seal back in and it holds great for days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I think they are coming from the factory like that. I went through two returning them and getting another. Finally just took the seal out, put a bead of aquarium sealant in the groove, let it dry, then put the seal back in and it holds great for days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've got some food grade silicone in the garage. I'll give this a try, thanks!

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Yeah, just get a dry box or bag for the boat.. hell, a big tupperware will work! Lol.. I wouldn't trust the seal on the herfador to be watertight, even after sealant..

Rating - 100%
34   0   0

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I've noticed my room 101 herf a dor seal has actually started poking out and I have to re put it back in, have thought about super gluing it, would this be a bad idea ot just deal with it? I do always keep a Boveda in it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I thought the light test was a good idea. If you have a good seal I wouldn't mess with it. Doesn't super glue have a stink to it? I'd be curious how long you would have to let it cure if there is an unpleasant aroma from the glue ?