What's new

Herfador?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m in the process of selling my house and planning my first vacation in 32 years. I’m planning on leaving with some sticks for my friend and I. Then as we hit a destination adding to the stock.

I pulled the trigger and purchased a herfador x15. Being new I’m not familiar with brands of travel humidors and their reputations. Was this a good purchase or did I waste my money?

Cigar newby

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I had one previously, and it wasn't bad. Clean the inside with scentless dish soap and then wipe it out with a no-lint paper towels. Let it sit and dry for twenty four hours. Also, take out the little humidity disc and foam insert before washing.

I used 65% Boveda packs in mine and everything worked fine. I did eventually have one of the clasps break off. It should last through a long road trip though.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
after drying if you have any off odors a dusting of baking soda helps. Let sit for a couple of days then remove. Oh and the humidity disc can go in the garbage, use Bovedas like Mr Mikenice81 recommended.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
From my experience the travel humidors on the market are pretty much all the same. I have a Herfador 10 count as well as a 15 count, and a 5 count (other brands) and a couple of pelican cases and they all do a great job of protecting my cigars. Some people will tell you to get the one with the air vent on it if you are going to fly but I fly a lot and have found it really doesn't make a difference.

As far as cleaning it out first, I never did that with any of my cases and never noticed a difference.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The only problem I see is its to small :ROFLMAO: On vacation I wound be smoking at least 2 a day more like 4 a day! So i would need the herfador x40 and I like to options "Lots of options";)
Lol that’s what I figured. The two of us road tripping shouldn’t be too far from a cigar lounge or shop any longer than a day or two.

We were planning on hitting Memphis for a couple of days, hitting the shops, hopping a train to New Orleans (before Ida threw a monkey wrench into the works) hitting the shops in the big easy, then traveling to West Monroe, hitting the shops there then returning to Oklahoma.

We would never run out of sticks and get to experience the local spots. It helps that my friend and I both like cigars.

May have to modify those plans though.

Cigar newby

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
you can easily carry extras in a ziplock bag inside a box.

in case you come across a bargain in your travels.

while in N.O. be SURE to visit the cigar factory there.

excellent stuff.

and bring us all back some beignets................ :hungry: :cat::cat::chicken::chicken:

Rating - 100%
101   0   0
From my experience the travel humidors on the market are pretty much all the same. I have a Herfador 10 count as well as a 15 count, and a 5 count (other brands) and a couple of pelican cases and they all do a great job of protecting my cigars. Some people will tell you to get the one with the air vent on it if you are going to fly but I fly a lot and have found it really doesn't make a difference.

As far as cleaning it out first, I never did that with any of my cases and never noticed a difference.
That air vent came in real handy with my 50 count herfador because I couldnt open it without the air vent. If it didn't have the air vent I would had to break it open ha ha ha

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
That air vent came in real handy with my 50 count herfador because I couldnt open it without the air vent. If it didn't have the air vent I would had to break it open ha ha ha
Guessing that was on a trip to the Philippines?

I only fly domestically anymore so my flights are no more than a couple of hours long. Maybe that's the difference?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Denver to New Orleans is a problem. I usually leave the valve open a bit before checking the luggage to allow the pressure to equalize. You can do the same thing with a very small hole drilled into the case, just cover it with black tape when you want to keep the seal.