What's new

Herfspace.com

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Oh boy, look at that: yet another generic "social networking" website built using off-the-shelf software packages.

Nowadays, seems like there's onee of these things for EVERY conceivable hobby/interest that exists.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I'll make an account one of these days. It would be nice for a central location. Find people to herf with easier than searching countless cigar boards

Fresh50

Here to Learn and Burn!!
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nowadays, seems like there's onee of these things for EVERY conceivable hobby/interest that exists.
Is that not a good thing, to find others who share in the same hobbies?

Is that not why you belong to THIS site?:eyequiver

Its not like Herfspace is another competing forum site. I think its a new twist on meeting BOTL's.

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Ahhh crap! Another sight I can spend multiple hours a day on before I complain that I have no idea where my time is going and take it out on my girlfriend!:hanghead:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll make an account one of these days. It would be nice for a central location. Find people to herf with easier than searching countless cigar boards
Tried the same with herfnetwork. To get a central area. Some feedback but not near enough from the retail end of things. There are allot of herfs but to have the numbers needed to make it a worthwhile site to visit you need the cigar events at various shops listed and the cigarfest's of the world also listing the main events. Many get togethers are at home's of board members and then you wouldn't want that get together listed on a universal forum. You'll open up the invites to your home board only. At least I would not knowing who or what would pick up the address from a Universal forum.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The big question is what value do these new sites add? I did join after hearing Dale talk about it, but I have not seen the "big feature" of it. Lets be honest, anyone with a credit card can set-up an online forum. Just register the name, sign up for hosting and you are done. Don't start flaming me with all of the admin stuff that people do, I understand that. I develop custom web sites for a living. I only meant that as there are a lot of off the shelf systems all ready installed on hosting companies servers and you just have to pay for the service.

I want some sort of value and a lot of times that is the members of the group. Will herfspace last, only the member base can decide that, but like everything else, it is worth checking out.