Hey everyone, CAO

Discussion in 'Domestic Cigar Reviews' started by Donk, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Donk

Donk WTF is a Donk?

Media:
    Albums:
    I was reading some older threads on CAO, I have to say I love the brand. I have tried several cigars from everyone one of the CAO lineup. CX2, MX2, Maduro, Extreme, Brazil, Italia, Aniversary additions, Sapranos, and Criollo. I don't think there is a bad one in the group. I prefer the darker cigars like Cameroon and MX2 but everyone one I have tried I completely enjoy the entire smoke

2. kirscovitch

kirscovitch Mad Matt

ive tried a few of the Cao lineup. a Criollo is one of my favorite nc's. havent tried a Sopranos or the MX2's yet. didnt really care for the Italia's. just my 2 cents

3. AZsteelman

AZsteelman April 2006 BoM

I like the Criollo a lot, the Sopranos was nice, but not really worth the money, IMHO. Italias...well, in the right mood, they don't suck...

4. Greg

Greg BoM October 2006

I like the Italia and Brazilia very much, the Criollo less so, but still enjoyable. I also like the Maduro and Mx2.

Lately though, to me, CAO has lost my interest because I feel that their advertising is cheesy, and I have none of their smokes in my humidor anymore.

However, I remember enjoying their cigars not long ago.....

5. Poni

Poni BoM Oct 05

The Maduro, Anniversario, the Blacks are good cigars.

6. Electric Sheep

Electric Sheep Dsicle - BoM Dec 06

Media:
    Albums:
    At one point, I was really enamored with their cigars, but I don't really buy them anymore. I've found that I can spend less and get a more enjoyable cigar, or spend the same and get a vastly superior cigar.

The one exception is the CAO Black; it's not particularly expensive ($5 to $6 per stick @ CI) and it's an enjoyable mild/medium cigar.

7. tripp

tripp MASTER SHAKE

Media:
    Albums:
    I have enjoyed the Itallia series very much. A great flavorfull smoke in a larger ring gauge. And I have found it to be very consistent. Very beautiful wrappers with a great taste of thier own.

8. caudio51

caudio51 BoM Nov '05; Mar '06

I'm with Tripp, really like the italia. When I first started smoking I enjoyed the CAO line. Now I find them to be a bit one dimensional.

9. Frank N

Frank N CFL

Media:
    Albums:
    I have the remnants of a box of Sopranos that someone got for me last spring. In fact I had one last night. I also have a few blacks sitting at the house. I do like CX2 and the MX2, but since I'm relatively new to cigars, I've been trying a wide range of other brands. I do enjoy them, but I'm trying to expand my knowledge and skill at pulling apart all the different tastes found in other.

10. CWS

CWS Lead Moderator Staff Member Donor 10

Media:
    Albums:
    I always have a few Brzialias and Italias in my NC box. I loved the crillo at first but now seems a little mild.

11. Donk

Donk WTF is a Donk?

Media:
    Albums:
    I have to agree about the Itallia, I too don't care much for CAO's mainstream advertising. But I love their cigars. There isn't one in my humi I don't enjoy. Although I WON'T smoke a flavored cigar by them. the only flavors I smoke are the drew estates Java and Kahlua. But I want to try a CAO black to see if it's any good. Love those MX2 though

12. Jwrussell

Jwrussell April '05 BoM

Media:
    Albums:
    The CAO Black from CI is a great cigar. I always liked the Brazilias I had as well. Oh yeah, and the Criolo.