What's new

Hey everyone, CAO

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I was reading some older threads on CAO, I have to say I love the brand. I have tried several cigars from everyone one of the CAO lineup. CX2, MX2, Maduro, Extreme, Brazil, Italia, Aniversary additions, Sapranos, and Criollo. I don't think there is a bad one in the group. I prefer the darker cigars like Cameroon and MX2 but everyone one I have tried I completely enjoy the entire smoke

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
ive tried a few of the Cao lineup. a Criollo is one of my favorite nc's. havent tried a Sopranos or the MX2's yet. didnt really care for the Italia's. just my 2 cents

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I like the Criollo a lot, the Sopranos was nice, but not really worth the money, IMHO. Italias...well, in the right mood, they don't suck...

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
I like the Italia and Brazilia very much, the Criollo less so, but still enjoyable. I also like the Maduro and Mx2.

Lately though, to me, CAO has lost my interest because I feel that their advertising is cheesy, and I have none of their smokes in my humidor anymore.

However, I remember enjoying their cigars not long ago.....

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
At one point, I was really enamored with their cigars, but I don't really buy them anymore. I've found that I can spend less and get a more enjoyable cigar, or spend the same and get a vastly superior cigar.

The one exception is the CAO Black; it's not particularly expensive ($5 to $6 per stick @ CI) and it's an enjoyable mild/medium cigar.

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I have enjoyed the Itallia series very much. A great flavorfull smoke in a larger ring gauge. And I have found it to be very consistent. Very beautiful wrappers with a great taste of thier own.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I'm with Tripp, really like the italia. When I first started smoking I enjoyed the CAO line. Now I find them to be a bit one dimensional.

Frank N

CFL
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have the remnants of a box of Sopranos that someone got for me last spring. In fact I had one last night. I also have a few blacks sitting at the house. I do like CX2 and the MX2, but since I'm relatively new to cigars, I've been trying a wide range of other brands. I do enjoy them, but I'm trying to expand my knowledge and skill at pulling apart all the different tastes found in other.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I always have a few Brzialias and Italias in my NC box. I loved the crillo at first but now seems a little mild.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I have to agree about the Itallia, I too don't care much for CAO's mainstream advertising. But I love their cigars. There isn't one in my humi I don't enjoy. Although I WON'T smoke a flavored cigar by them. the only flavors I smoke are the drew estates Java and Kahlua. But I want to try a CAO black to see if it's any good. Love those MX2 though

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
The CAO Black from CI is a great cigar. I always liked the Brazilias I had as well. Oh yeah, and the Criolo.