What's new

Hey from Tampa Bay

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm in. :)

I cut an Avo XO Maestoso in half tonight, because I really wanted a smoke but didn't want to sit outside for long with the heat and bugs. I also found some spots where you can smoke inside - Edward's in Tampa, Central Cigar in downtown St. Pete, etc. I think I'll be ok. :)

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I just went to Central Cigars in St. Pete with a coworker. Cool place, nice people, decent cigar sellection, very comfy smoking room. It beats the pants off smoking outside in the heat/humidity. I'm so happy. :)

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I reside in St. Petersburg, but work in Tampa.

I always up to burn one, as long as we're inside in the the air conditioning inside, from now until about December. I moved here from Chicago and can't take the heat and bugs outside in the summer. It's brutal! I tried to smoke one outside last night, but gave up quickly. :devilhead
I used to live up that direction as well. I think you will slowly get used to it; just keep a container of Off next to you whenever you go outside during the summer. :grin:

Jammerjoe

Fantasy Sports Geek
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I used to live up that direction as well. I think you will slowly get used to it; just keep a container of Off next to you whenever you go outside during the summer. :grin:
I moved down here from New York 17 years ago. Took me a while to get acclimated but you do.

We were sitting out by the pool yesterday burning a few H Upmann Mag 46's with some family from Va. and they were bitching about the heat and humitidy. I thought it was kinda cool out. Tells you how acclimated I've become.

Never been to central cigar. I live in Safety Harbor and work in Largo, so I usually hang out at Ace Cigars on Ulmerton. Andrew is a great guy, very small shop but he prices his AF products to move, and so gets more than the average B&M. Bought three boxes of BTL's off him last year and a few anejo's, as well as a shitload of DCM#4's and #5's.

Pretty sure we are locking down a date in mid to late October for a Tampa area herf, there is a thread somewhere but I'm still getting used to navigating this site.