What's new

Hi again!

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
It’s been awhile so I thought I’d post a re-intro to some of the “new” guys. I was active on BOTL from ‘07-‘11. I learned so much from the community and was blessed to know many members personally and call them friends. I know many of the old farts from my day are gone, but I know how special this community is/can be. The generosity and care shown by the community here at BOTL is second to none. I’ve seen charity auctions here raise thousands of dollars for those in need. I’ve seen once in a lifetime cigars change hands. I’ve seen guys travel across the country just to support a brother.

And that’s what I’ve found to be the best thing about the cigar world in general. It’s a community about selflessness. Guys sharing from what they have, the best they can. Whether it’s in the local shop, a friend’s garage, or an online community, the cigar world is filled with men and women who want to be generous in community.

As an update on myself, I got off the boards when I got engaged (funny how that happens). Now I’ve got a wonderful wife, who bought me a cabinet humidor for an engagement present because she hated my 6 coollidors, and 3 wonderful children. The youngest two are 4 and 5 so I’m starting to get some time back. The stuff in my humidor hasn’t changed much since I got it 8 years ago. I’ve got a buddy from BOTL that lives out here that has kept me up decently well on some of the stuff going on in the cigar world, but I’ve got a lot to catch up on.

Sorry for the long read. Looking forward to seeing what’s going on here again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Welcome back....Look forward to getting to know ya!

Sent from my iPhone using that Tapatalk Thingy

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
It’s been awhile so I thought I’d post a re-intro to some of the “new” guys. I was active on BOTL from ‘07-‘11. I learned so much from the community and was blessed to know many members personally and call them friends. I know many of the old farts from my day are gone, but I know how special this community is/can be. The generosity and care shown by the community here at BOTL is second to none. I’ve seen charity auctions here raise thousands of dollars for those in need. I’ve seen once in a lifetime cigars change hands. I’ve seen guys travel across the country just to support a brother.

And that’s what I’ve found to be the best thing about the cigar world in general. It’s a community about selflessness. Guys sharing from what they have, the best they can. Whether it’s in the local shop, a friend’s garage, or an online community, the cigar world is filled with men and women who want to be generous in community.

As an update on myself, I got off the boards when I got engaged (funny how that happens). Now I’ve got a wonderful wife, who bought me a cabinet humidor for an engagement present because she hated my 6 coollidors, and 3 wonderful children. The youngest two are 4 and 5 so I’m starting to get some time back. The stuff in my humidor hasn’t changed much since I got it 8 years ago. I’ve got a buddy from BOTL that lives out here that has kept me up decently well on some of the stuff going on in the cigar world, but I’ve got a lot to catch up on.

Sorry for the long read. Looking forward to seeing what’s going on here again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I too have my moments of absence. But welcome back from Kansas City!!