What's new

Hi From Western NY

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone, I'm new to the site and relatively new to cigars as well. I smoked cigarettes for a long time and quit about 15 years ago. I've recently discovered cigars and I'm obsessed with figuring out what I like and what else I should try. My next post will probably be to look for recommendations based on what I've liked so far.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple that I've enjoyed are
Rocky Patel Decade - I'm not sure what it was about it, but it was just tasty. It also stuck with you for a while after it was gone.
CAO America - Had some spice and flavor. I really enjoyed this one, but I'm not sure if that was all the cigar or the Jameson Caskmates I was drinking too :)
Macanudo Cru Royale - This was lighter but had this interesting mintiness (for lack of a better description) to it.

They all seemed to have a good flavor beyond just a tobacco.

Cigars I didn't love
Brick House - I'll say this one could have been me. I was golfing (and walking) and it was hot. I've figured out I'm not going to smoke when I walk a golf course anymore. Not enjoyable. I'd rather smoke from the comfort of a chair with a drink.
5 Vegas Classic - seemed to not have much flavor other than mild tobacco.
La Gloria Cubana Serie R - I had high hopes for this, but it just wasn't good. It wouldn't stay lit, burned very unevenly and didn't taste good. Maybe it was a bad one.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Welcome from SE Louisiana

If this hobby becomes an obsession you'll find that there is a lot to learn, a lot of different cigars to smoke and a lot of different opinions. Let us know how we can help out.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Welcome to BOTL from Minnesota @Lefty Chev :)

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with the the LGC Series R. I used to smoke quite a few of those and generally enjoyed them. The issues you had are actually classic signs of a cigar that has been stored at too high of a humidity. It is pretty common for many B&Ms to over humidify which leads to exactly the issues you described.