What's new

High humidity how long is bad

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

My question - how long of too high RH before stuff starts to split and go bad etc?

My Winador crept up over the summer to hit 72 so last Sunday I thought I need to open the door, let it drop a bit, and I'll be fine.
But
I did not pay attention and after the doors were open, rushed and closed them on my way to work and left for the week but the humidity went UP to 74.7! It's Thursday now 4 days later and my sensor push is showing 73.4. So it looks like I need some new beads thrown in and next time pay attention to the house RH. Even though I assumed the basement MUST be drier then 72 - I guess it is not!

Do I drive there and transfer everything or just chill out, wait until I"m there Saturday and throw some fresh beads/Boveda in?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Take a chill pill, if you do not have temps high enough to cause mold just let them come down slowly and you'll be ok. I think big, rapid swings are a problem, they may not burn well but the rapid changes is what causes splitting.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Take a chill pill, if you do not have temps high enough to cause mold just let them come down slowly and you'll be ok. I think big, rapid swings are a problem, they may not burn well but the rapid changes is what causes splitting.
Yep. No mold / no bugs / no problem

I also agree with @the camaro show
It's easier de-hydrate than to try to restore dried-out sticks.