What's new

Hill Billy Herf V (April 20th 23rd)

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
HBH V
Well its that time to start getting things inplace and reserved...

I made a call to TN and found out the Cabin is still standing and no fire damage (From the fire in Gatlinburg TN) So i'm looking to see if we have the interest for 2017 HBH V...

The plan would be at the same (Millers Cove) we used last year, about the same date 4/27-30/17 (yes after Easter) ,
We had a great showing last year and I think we all had a great time from what I remember, Lots of good food, way to much to drink, and great fellowship..and we had a few cigars too

A few changes this year, I'm still waiting on a total price of the Cabin, 3 night rental price , So I'll be starting thing up on Thur afternoon and going till Sun at 10:00 am or as late as we can stay ....We have the same Chef commited again this year so we are set .......

So for those of U who haven't had the pleasure of being at one of these HBH here is some info....
Lodge at Millers Cove Just outside of Pigeon Forge, same general area as last year
http://secure.townsendviewcabinrentals.com/Reservations/TCSRWeb.dll/PropertyInfo?PropName=LODGE AT MILLERS COVE&TravelAgent=&TASubAgent=&Wrapper=main&PromoCode=
As u can see the Cabin is out aways, so we have no noise issues , It will be just us .....

I think we were able to sleep 18 people last, But like i said I was pretty foggy by the end of the days , so who the hell knows where everyone slept .....lol There is lots of floor space for sleeping bags.
The cost will be a break down of food and cabin rental and how many nights .....

So what I need:
What date works Better: April 6th-9th or April 27-30th
Who Thinks they will be there and how many nights ???

Think it over guys , This has always been a great time ..........

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
tentative.
i was just hoping we would get a different place - one that has at least a little bit of cell phone connectivity and wifi.
it would be nice to have internet access just so we can post pictures on the forum and make everyone jealous.
also, this is just me, but id like to have a way for family to get in touch with me in case of emergency.
last year, it was a black hole - no wifi, no cell service, nothing. we had to drive 20 minutes into town just to get cell reception.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
tentative.
i was just hoping we would get a different place - one that has at least a little bit of cell phone connectivity and wifi.
it would be nice to have internet access just so we can post pictures on the forum and make everyone jealous.
also, this is just me, but id like to have a way for family to get in touch with me in case of emergency.
last year, it was a black hole - no wifi, no cell service, nothing. we had to drive 20 minutes into town just to get cell reception.
That was a draw back, I'm sure some of the TN boys will allow there number to be used for emergency calls .....
I think the land line phone worked in the Cabin, I'll check it out ..............

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
tentative.
I agree with everything he wrote.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I'm in for a bed as well.
I think the cabin was supposed to have Wi-Fi last year, and maybe it was just down for some reason? Maybe we can check on if it has been fixed or not. The cabin was an ideal spot, but having cell service would definitely be a plus.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I'll be there & would like to reserve a bed. Dustin recruited me to be his Sous Chef/Kitchen Bitch.

I know it's just a few weeks, but late vs early April can be a pretty big temp swing in this part of the country, so my vote is for later.

Also, I'll be 1 more with some Euchre experience. :)

edit re: checked schedule

Last edited: