What's new

Holiday stories?

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
So, we've seen Jckposter's little "detour" story, how bout the rest of you? What unexpected and crazy things happened to you over this holiday?

First of all, I had a wonderful holiday. I got to spend lots of time with alot of the people I love from both sides of the family. Not everyone, but we can't have everything, right?

That being said, the holiday also brought me some big ole lumps of coal on occasion. My mother-in-law came down with shingles two days before flying down and there is the possibility that her leukemia is back. Bad news, but our fingers are crossed until we hear for sure. What a lady though. She was in pain the entire time but she was still her wonderful, happy self most of the time. I'm sure I would have been a royal asshole if I where in that much pain!

My wife and I rented a condo on the beach for our visitors. Not everyone stayed there every night so most nights we had one car at the Condo and one at the house. Well, one of those nights my car was at the condo and there was a tremendous wind storm in the area (just below tropical storm force believe it or not). Well, something got blown from somewhere (never fond what ever caused this) and blew out my rear winshield. You got that? My REAR windshield. Not the friggin' front windshield that is 100% covered no matter what, but the rear wind shield wich I have to meet my deductable before they get covered. Bah. For any who are wondering, rear windshields are friggin' 'spensive!!!

So that's the strange stuff from my holiday, what about you?

Pulse

Bite me!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Hehehe, ok let's see what the holiday consisted of for me this year....

I went snowboarding for Xmas and partied my ass off for New Years!!! But the funny part of my story happened in Waterville over Xmas...so.....

I went up north to Waterville Valley with a bunch of friends (about 18) for a long ski weekend during Xmas (Thurs-Sun). As we are driving up Thursday it starts to rain, and not just a trickle, but downpour. Not only that but it's about 50 degrees!!!#-o hehehe, needless to say I was not thinking there would be much snowboarding being done this weekend. But, whatever, I had friends, smokes, and plenty of drink to still make for a good weekend. :smt025

The rain stopped Thurs night and the temperature dropped to about 18 making for pretty good snowmaking conditions on the mountain. Not the best snow and a shit load of ice (this will be important knowledge later), but still good enough to get out there and enjoy the day.

Friday we head up and snowboard/ski most of the day without issue but the ice can def. take a toll on your legs etc. Going down the mountain near the end of the day I decided to head down a trail I had not tried yet that day...

As I headed over a lip of the trail there was this sheet of ice with a small (about 6in around) rock sticking out of it. Unfortunately I could not avoid it so decided to slide it sideways to avoid falling head first. As my board went over the rock it kicked out from under me sending me sailing straight down on my ass and yes, as luck would have it my ass hit this rock square on the cheek. :smt101

Side note: Now for those of you that have met me you know I'm not what would be described as "small, petite, or light" by any means....hehehe. I'm about 5'11/6ft and weigh in at about 220. Physics would support that when you put 220+ pounds of pressure on your ass cheek into a solid object (rock), the results may be interesting.....:smt043

Anyway, I sit on the ground for a few, check to make sure I'm not bleeding and procede down the mountain. I get back to the lodge and decide to take a nap before we head to the indoor pool/jacuzzi/sauna area. As I get undressed the girlie friend says "woah, what happened"? I reply with "I fell but no biggie..." I take a look and there is this deep purple mark about 4in oval on my butt. Side note: now keep in mind it has been about 30 min since my fall.

Anyway we head over to the jacuzzi etc. and the night goes on... drinking, smoking, etc. As the night progresses I am more and more acknowledging the "Pain in my ass" (no pun intended)...hehehe. :smt036

So we go to bed and I get up the next morning and holy crap am I noticing it now. I get up go into the bathroom and take a look....Side note: now, i've done a lot to my body in my short time on this planet and am amazed that I can still walk these days (of course those stories are long and more herf type material).....anyway when i take a look I start laughing my ass off hysterically.:smt081 My girlie comes in and takes a look and i swear her eyes nearly popped out of her head....:shock: hehehe this thing grew to about 11 inches across and about 5 inches thick and was a DEEEEP purple. We all know that DEEEP purple bruises are serious and usually mean that the damage was pretty deep...hehehe....

Anyway, I remained uncomfortable for the remainder of the trip but whatever. I still went out boarding the next morning and worked through the first few falls...hehehe....

I even took some pics of the damned thing when we got home cuz I was so impressed by the size of the bruise...LMAO!!!:smt082

So the next time you hear the term "Pain in the Ass".....Just remember....it really could be if you are not careful!!!;-)

Ironman

Master Baby Maker-Feb BoM
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
:smt046:smt046:smt046:smt046:smt046:smt046:smt046

I always knew you were a pain in the ass, Adam.

Please don't post the pictures [-X

Ironman

J

jckposter

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Ironman said:
:smt046:smt046:smt046:smt046:smt046:smt046:smt046

I always knew you were a pain in the ass, Adam.

Please don't post the pictures [-X

Ironman
Damm True...