What's new

Home Humi Humidity Problem (from Ben)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ron - I have never had a problem with my home humi until the last few weeks. My box can comfortably hold 75 cigars. The humi level was always between 68-70%, I like 'em a little bit drier than the norm. Over the last few weeks I cannot seem to get that figure above 65%, it even tankled to 60% within the last several days.

I added a new shot of that 50/50 solution as well as adding one of those small viles to the box - it still cannot get above 65%. I then moved it from my kitchen foyer to a hotter room on the second floor of my house. Again, no change whatsoever. I checked the seal on the humidor iteself and it seems to be sealed properly. The box itself is about 2 1/2 years and is in great shape. I take pride in taking care of my stuff.

Any ideas as to what could be the problem? Needs to be seasoned again? Need to pick up some new gadgets?

Any suggestions would be appreciated

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
common problem at this time of year. you need a supplemental humidifier. I really think your best bet would be one of my humidity tubes. For the space that it takes up, it holds a lot of water. I just got in some clips that let you attach it to the lid. Once the weather warms up, you can remove it.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I have a very good quality desktop that uses 4 65% Bovedas for humidification. it will hold about 50 cigars. I pulled the Bovedas out, and used 1 of my 6.5 inch Humidity Tubes. It put the humidity up to 71%. So if your desktop leaks a little bit, the tubes will do the job. If it leaks a lot, time for a new humidor.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
this is an Arlin Liss Humidor with 1 of my 4 inch Humidity tubes used for humidification. Its been maintaining humidity at about 67%. My Humidity tubes work extremely well, but any humidifiers performance is directly related to how well the humidor seals. This humidor from Arlin seals like a bank vault. If you notice in the picture, I now have a Humidity Tube clip that can attach to the lid, or side wall of a humidor. It makes using a tube humidifier a lot easier.