What's new

Home made cigar rest

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Messing around at work and drew up plans for a cigar rest and passed it to my fabricator. Had some .080" 303 [correction, 304] stainless sheet steel scrap laying around and he cut and milled it for me on break.

Turned out pretty good for a hack job. Decided I needed one when my Series V head tipped into the ashtray yesterday. Blech is the mother of invention.

Last edited:

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Interesting. Someone bombed me a cigar rest that looks just like this in the fall of last year. In fact, they bombed out a few of those on the forum but no one has figured out who it was that sent them out. Regardless, I use mine all the time! Super handy when traveling, too.

Here's the post (Click Here).

Thanks again, mystery bomber!!!

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Interesting. Someone bombed me a cigar rest that looks just like this in the fall of last year. In fact, they bombed out a few of those on the forum but no one has figured out who it was that sent them out. Regardless, I use mine all the time! Super handy when traveling, too.

Here's the post (Click Here).

Thanks again, mystery bomber!!!
I used mine the other day, and I've been wondering again the last few days who it is....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If my angle grinder hadn't died last weekend I could possibly make a boatload of these in just a few hours time. May just have to grab a cheapo grinder to test the theory. And the split ring idea only makes it more genius.

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Add a split ring to keep the two pieces together and it's a pretty handy portable stand.
And the split ring idea only makes it more genius.
To each their own, but I actually love mine without a split ring. As is, it lays so flat together that I can put it anywhere, even in a stuffed herf-a-dor, and it's still portable. I can see the ring being convenient for some though.

I guess what I'm saying is, if you mass produce these bad boys, make the ring an option.