What's new

Honduran La Escepcion Edicion Limitada 2009

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
7/3/18
Honduran La Escepcion Edicion Limitada 2009

(6x54)

Light to medium strength and flavor profile

The medium brown wrapper was a bit rugged in appearance and feel. The aroma along the wrapper was light with subtle barnyard notes at the foot. At pre-light notes of tobacco, sweet spice... and an almost oaky quality was pronounced.The draw was as smooth as silk. The burn was sharp at first and the ash held for almost two inches before dropping into my lap. It began to canoe at 2 inches and required multiple touch ups. It produced a dense thick amount of smoke throughout much of the experience.

First third-The flavors are very balanced with notes of earth, wood, and oats. No harshness at all was present. Sweet spice was present in the background as well. The flavors did not change much during this time. Creaminess was pronounced and created a dense palate for the other flavors.

Second third-Some light citrus notes begin to develop within the creaminess as well. The subtleness of this cigar keeps it interesting. The retrohale provided a nutty cashew-like quality that was a bit surprising and well-received.

Final third- just a faint hint of barnyard, almost unnoticeable, along with dry hay becoming noticeable in the background. Other than these additions, the flavors of the first two thirds remained consistent throughout the final third. No harshness at all was present throughout the cigar.

Overall a pleasant light to medium bodied smoke with subtle flavors that I found to be quite interesting.

Thanks,
EL.C.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Lew Rothman produced a couple versions of this cigar,and the packaging was world class.
Beautiful lithographed boxes from Holland, the end of an era of packaging.
Lew is a big collector of Tobacciana.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I won one of those boxes from JR in 2002 or 2003. It was the “Tapa Negra” with a Maduro either head or foot and a natural body. Those boxes were beautiful.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Lew Rothman produced a couple versions of this cigar,and the packaging was world class.
Beautiful lithographed boxes from Holland, the end of an era of packaging.
Lew is a big collector of Tobacciana.
I also used to love Lew's comments in the old JR catalogues; he was really funny. I don't know if they still put out a catalogue or not. Have not ordered from them in many years.