What's new

How big??

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How many people are rolling their own cigars? How could we find out?

I was simply curious how big this "movement" of making ones own cigar is. I wonder if LO or WLT would give some numbers?

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I think there's a lot more that would go into this type of research/calculation than just obtaining data those two suppliers. I'm sure there are many suppliers out there and and people likely shop at multiple sources which would make data from each supplier messy with overlap. There are also people who grow their own tobacco, work in the industry and have inside sources, etc. An easier, but still difficult, approach would entail finding data that reports the number of cigar smokers in the US, or world depending how broad you want to go. Then find, likely through personal research such as a poll, the estimated percentage of cigar smokers who roll their own cigars.

One article I found stated there are 17.5 million cigar smokers in the US. Let's assume (would need to be verified through research) 0.25% of cigar smokers, 1 in 400, roll their own cigars. That would leave us with 42,500 home cigar rollers in the US.