What's new

How dedicated are you...

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I managed one in 17 degrees and snow when we had that historic freeze earlier this year...but it involved insulated hunting coveralls/gloves/socks/boots.

And beer of course :D

That rarity notwithstanding...I'm generally good for going outside in most temps above freezing as long as I have at least jeans and a hoodie.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I managed one in 17 degrees and snow when we had that historic freeze earlier this year...but it involved insulated hunting coveralls/gloves/socks/boots.

And beer of course :D

View attachment 167164

That rarity notwithstanding...I'm generally good for going outside in most temps above freezing as long as I have at least jeans and a hoodie.
Sounds fun in an extreme sports kind of way haha. I would definitely smoke in cold weather with the gear you described, or at least try to haha

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I really try to control my dependency on cigars and alcohol so that I never really need either so bad that I'm willing to either freeze my ass off or sweat my .........off. I can only imagine how you guys living in the far north have to adapt!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
I really try to control my dependency on cigars and alcohol so that I never really need either so bad that I'm willing to either freeze my ass off or sweat my .........off. I can only imagine how you guys living in the far north have to adapt!
You learn how to dress for different temperatures pretty quickly.

I've lived in northern states for 44 of my 47 years of life, so I get used to it quickly and have the proper clothes and know what to wear

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yea learned a long time ago from an anthropology teacher "you can always put more clothes on but you can only take so many clothes off" In the low 80's with over 80% humidity today, like breathing water.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea learned a long time ago from an anthropology teacher "you can always put more clothes on but you can only take so many clothes off" In the low 80's with over 80% humidity today, like breathing water.
Lol.
I have said exactly that many times when it's hot out.

Yeah, hated my 9 months in Florida for my first navy school. Heat and humidity sucked terribly and doing 5 mile runs in it sucked even more

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Only with a heater. I stay in my GARage with two heaters going, otherwise my nose runs constantly ruining the whole experience.
It's usually around 40-45 in there with the heaters, unless I leave the heaters on for a couple hours before I go in.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
When I first fell down the slippery slope, I went to great lengths to enjoy my precious stogies. You can find one of my threads on this forum from undergrad in Minneapolis, pondering how to convert a portable ice fishing shanty into a smoke shed. I quickly realized they’re all about enjoyment and relaxation for me - not an addiction - so being miserably cold to force a smoke didn’t make any sense.

TL;DR: I’m dedicated to several things. Cigars aren’t one of them.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I won’t suffer since it takes away from the enjoyment (I too live in the frigid north), I’d rather eat the cost of buying a stick at the lounge and enjoy it indoors.

Likely going to get a locker and pay shop prices for awhile to avoid standing outside all winter.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have smoked in the snow while gathering fire wood. It isn't fun at all, and I wouldn't do it again.

Now I have a shed and a crappy little electric radiator. So, I go out there when it is cold. The other night it got below 30 degrees, but my little shed was a balmy 45. Of course, that was with a full hour of preheating at half power. Not having the cold wind blowing on you is the key.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I won’t suffer since it takes away from the enjoyment (I too live in the frigid north), I’d rather eat the cost of buying a stick at the lounge and enjoy it indoors.

Likely going to get a locker and pay shop prices for awhile to avoid standing outside all winter.
They just opened the first cigar lounge I have ever heard of in Wyoming in the bigger town 30 minutes from me that gives members after and before hours access, plus humidified lockers for I believe they said $345 per year.

Dying to check it out, but I don't drive, so unfortunately, no way to get there. Really a bummer.

Their walk-in humidor looks pretty big and well stocked with lots of variety from the pictures, and the lounge and library both look very comfortable and nice

I smoked, and very much still enjoyed, an evening smoke in the all glass, unheated smoke lounge here at the veterans home when it was 17 degrees out last night. Just have to be properly dressed and I can handle as low as 0 degrees. Once it's in the negatives, there's no clothing that will keep you warm.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Definitely envious of all of you have someplace heated to smoke. Don't have that option here unfortunately, so I just have to put on the Under Armor, layer up, put on my rabbit fur ushanka, and nice new Colombia ski jacket that is lined with the same metallic looking stuff used for the survival blankets I'm sure everyone has seen.

Stay plenty warm until it gets below 0, after that, no amount of clothing will keep you comfortable, so cigar smoking is canceled when it get that cold.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They just opened the first cigar lounge I have ever heard of in Wyoming in the bigger town 30 minutes from me.
I saw your tag said Buffalo. I’m right up the road in Billings. We have one private lounge but its $70ish per month. None of the shops can have lounges due to indoor smoking laws in MT.

I spend about half of my time in Denver so I’ll likely get a locker there for $330/yr. Unfortunately, even though I have great access the taxes in MT and CO make it nearly double the cost of shopping online.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I saw your tag said Buffalo. I’m right up the road in Billings. We have one private lounge but its $70ish per month. None of the shops can have lounges due to indoor smoking laws in MT.

I spend about half of my time in Denver so I’ll likely get a locker there.
Nice.

Been to Billings many times. Not that far of a drive. About 90 minutes I want to say, its been a couple years now.

Yeah, no way I'd pay $70 a month. That's ridiculous.

Thankfully we don't have strict indoor smoking laws here that I know of. I always see, and have done, smoking inside a Smoker Friendly store.

Never been to a dedicated B&M cigar shop here as they are few and far between. We do have a small one here In Buffalo I need to check out someday with the activities guy since he's a weekend cigar smoker, and I don't drive. No idea if you can smoke in them, but I highly suspect it's perfectly legal, and would just be up to the shops policy.

I'm often surprised by some of the laws on MT.

I would have thought it was pretty similar to Wyoming, but appears to be stricter on some things, but more liberal since you have medical marijuana there. I'm sure Wyoming will be one of the very last states to have that.

I haven't been to a dedicated cigar shop in Wyoming yet, so don't know how the prices are, but online will always be cheaper as most don't charge tax and have much lower overhead, so would likely just go to browse, not buy

Last edited: