What's new

How do these look?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about buying from a vendor that is well known. They list vintage cigars by date and box code. They sent a photo of some Sancho Belicoso that I'm considering. Looking at the cigars I'm concerned about two of them. One has a very dark head/cap and one looks like it may have mold.

Does anyone else see this and is it a concern or just bad photo lighting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im confused
Two of the cigars look like they may be damaged by over humidity or mold. But...maybe it's the lighting and the photo? I was wondering if anyone else saw it or just my imagination.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Two of the cigars look like they may be damaged by over humidity or mold. But...maybe it's the lighting and the photo? I was wondering if anyone else saw it or just my imagination.

I dont see any mold, maybe you can advise which stick?

And you do know that wrapper shades vary, right?

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I have many many boxes of Cubans. Legit CC...sources and documented. They all cost less than the NC I smoke(excluding Cohiba). That's a fact.

My go to NC are Tat, Warped, Illusione and some others. Average are $9-$13 a stick for those. I smoke them because they taste great and are the exception to most of the NC fire bomb cigars of today.

Per box I would spend $220-380 on those NC. My CC range from $160-300 a box. Again, excluding my Cohibas.

Taste is better with CC(my opinion) and draw is fine. There is a knowledge needed with CC that you don't need with NC. A slight learning curve...like dry boxing in some cases.

My experience is that CC are the same if. It cheaper than NC. Just find the right source.

I figured with this mighty collection, you'd have a handle on being able to trust your vendor by now.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont see any mold, maybe you can advise which stick?

And you do know that wrapper shades vary, right?
Yes lol, of course. Stick 5 left to right has a very dark head. Like it was wet once and then dried. It didn't match the rest of that stick. Number 7, left to right looks like it has a light patch in the head..maybe mold?

Again...could all be my imagination. In which case I apologize for wasting everyone's time.

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Hi, I'm H.E. Pennypacker. I'm a wealthy American industrialist uh, looking to open a silver mine in the mountains of Peru and uh, before I invest millions in a lucrative mine, I, I'd like to go a little native. Uh, Get the feel of their condiments, of their unmentionables, you know, the real uh, gritty-gritty.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Yes lol, of course. Stick 5 left to right has a very dark head. Like it was wet once and then dried. It didn't match the rest of that stick. Number 7, left to right looks like it has a light patch in the head..maybe mold?

Again...could all be my imagination. In which case I apologize for wasting everyone's time.

Yeah, i wouldnt really worry about either of those imo

Worst case if youre not impressed, sell em and start over.

Cheers

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Hard to tell from the pictures, but as others said buy from vendors you trust. If it's a new vendor ask for more pictures of the cigars if you're concerned. Shouldn't be a problem for them to do that.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Hi, I'm H.E. Pennypacker. I'm a wealthy American industrialist uh, looking to open a silver mine in the mountains of Peru and uh, before I invest millions in a lucrative mine, I, I'd like to go a little native. Uh, Get the feel of their condiments, of their unmentionables, you know, the real uh, gritty-gritty.
ZippoGeek approves of this reference! Giddyup!! (y)