What's new

How do you transport your pipes?

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
This Wed is the Seattle Pipe Club monthly gathering at my fav cigar lounge and since I have joined I thought I should attend but I have no idea how to transport pipes. So whats the suggestion?

I figured Id go early with a buddy, burn a stick then transition to pipes. I was gonna take a cobb and my Kirsten.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I use a Tupperware with my mason jars of tobacco and pipes but they do make small travel pouches like this one....
I use a travel pouch much like this one for my day to day smoking. Two pipes, some baccy, cleaners, tamper, lighter all fit pretty well and it's not very cumbersome ... not very stylish either but hey it usually sits in the truck or in a workbox so no big deal.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Still working on a public "consumer release" version of my Gift Bag, but once that's finished you should be able to take your whole cellar with you wherever you go!

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Just ordered a Maxpedition Fatty. Grumble.

And I don't even take my pipes with me often, but this will come in handy on those rare occasions I do.
You won't regret it.
Here's mine:

I got both the Fatty & the Beefy, usage depending on how much I need to take with for the trip. This larger one, Beefy, is just big enough to add a three cigar case in to the mix (or just MORE baccy , I think I need to swap back to the Fatty though, it really is the perfect day-to-day size)

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have a 10ct traveldor that works well enough for one or two pipes, but over Thanksgiving I wanted to take three or for which was less than optimal.

I smoke seldom enough that when I think the situation will be favorable to having a pipe, I want to have all my options available. Who knows when the next opportunity will be!

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
You won't regret it.
Here's mine:

I got both the Fatty & the Beefy, usage depending on how much I need to take with for the trip. This larger one, Beefy, is just big enough to add a three cigar case in to the mix (or just MORE baccy , I think I need to swap back to the Fatty though, it really is the perfect day-to-day size)

Thats a pretty nifty idea! I love maxpeditions and the versatility they offer! great way for thinking outside the box!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I've figured I'd do a search for traveling with pipes which led me to this thread. @rdomfoto I actually think your idea works for me the best right now. I'm surprising my grandparents in a few weeks on a short burn and turn visit to Florida. Now as some of you have seen, I purchased my custom boswell pipe and it just arrived today. My Dad told me to bring it down with me when I go visit, that my Grandpa would love to see it and since he used to smoke pipes back in the day also but quit way before my time. Since I'm only going for 4 days, since it's a spur of the moment trip and there's the possibility of me bringing a carry on bag only, how do you guys pack your pipes for a plane ride??? I've transported cigars and all the toys in my checked bag without issue. But for my custom pipe, I'd rather keep it close. Anyone have some advice and suggestions???? Thanks!