What's new

How long do Bovedas last?

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I bought a bunch for my new humi in October 2021, and they are still completely liquid inside, no graininess and maintaining humidity. It's been almost 2 years....are they still good to go? How long do these suckers last?

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I bought a bunch for my new humi in October 2021, and they are still completely liquid inside, no graininess and maintaining humidity. It's been almost 2 years....are they still good to go? How long do these suckers last?
They still good I’ve had some for quite a while now. I have a Tupperware I keep a bowl of water in. When they get “thin” or start to dry out I toss them in there. They’ll plump back up if you don’t let them go completely dry and swell back up. According to my hygrometers they’re all still good. They seem to last indefinitely if you keep up with them

Capn_Jackson

A Razorback lost in Texas land
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I’ve got a bunch of 62% Boveda in my wineador, and they’ve been there for about a year and a half. Still plump and completely soft, and my hygros all read 65-66%. That tells me that the mass of cigars in there are keeping the Bovedas well-humidified, rather than the other way around. :LOL:

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
The answer is going to have a lot of variables but the main ones are the integrity of the container you are using along with the overall humidity of all the elements inside (cigars, shelves, cedar lining, etc.). If you have a well-sealed container and everything else is in balance, the Bovedas should last a good long time.

As an example, I have 65% Bovedas in my coolers that are supplemented by kitty litter and all of them are still in great shape after 10+ years (with no re-charging).

On the other hand, in order to maintain 65% humidity, I use 70% Bovedas in my "old school" wood humidors. I need to recharge them every couple of months because the humidors do not have the same leak-proof quality of the coolers. I have found that after I have recharged them 8-10 times though they start to lose their integrity.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
The answer is going to have a lot of variables but the main ones are the integrity of the container you are using along with the overall humidity of all the elements inside (cigars, shelves, cedar lining, etc.). If you have a well-sealed container and everything else is in balance, the Bovedas should last a good long time.

As an example, I have 65% Bovedas in my coolers that are supplemented by kitty litter and all of them are still in great shape after 10+ years (with no re-charging).

On the other hand, in order to maintain 65% humidity, I use 70% Bovedas in my "old school" wood humidors. I need to recharge them every couple of months because the humidors do not have the same leak-proof quality of the coolers. I have found that after I have recharged them 8-10 times though they start to lose their integrity.

Impressive, I have a few going on 7 years and thought that was unusual.