What's new

how long have you been smoking cigars and what age did you start

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ill go first I started when I was 18 I started juuling because the whole hockey team did and it was the cool thing to do. Then I got a larger vape from a friend who's mom found it and was told to get rid of it so being my best friend for 6 years he gave it to me. My first cigar experience was the first month of college with my two best college friends on the golf team. It started like this my one friend is a hardcore fisherman and Ive always liked fishing at my uncles lake house and especially boat fishing on his greaty white. So Andrew asked me and Shane to go with him to some lake and we were like why not. So we get there and Andrew is mr goody toe shoes but he likes cigars but he only smokes like once a month or during fishing and Shane has smoked a bit of cigars more gas station kinds but a few acids he said he's also smokes a few other things. Then me who's never smoked but wanted to try it so Andrew gave me a victor Sinclar Classico and I liked it Andrew said he's not a fan of it but I thought it was decent. So ever since then Ive been hooked and Shane has started to smoke a few cigars with me. Nothing like golfers and cigars!

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I started when I was 18, so in the 90s. A friend took me to a cigar shop and I picked up a few. I’d smoke off and on whenever we were by a shop. When I got married my wife bought me a humidor for my wedding present and I kept a few on hand all the time. I’d say about 5 years ago I started smoking more regularly, but this year has been close to daily. I needed a stress reliever. Since it’s cold now I took up piping (thanks to a push from some enablers around here)

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Smoked cigs on college in the early 90s. Quit in 98 when my first was born. Occasionally smoked cigars from then on, mostly on hunting or fishing trips. Decided to get more serious and figure out my tastes in cigars this summer. Still refining, but well on my way... smoking 1x per week at this point, but that's weather limited. Likely to smoke more as spring hits.

Rating - 92.9%
20   1   0
I'm a late starter...guess I smoked my first cigar at maybe age 37. Smoked one or two a year with my brother (who is a pretty avid smoker) before I decided I really enjoyed them about a year ago now. At 41 I'm enjoying then thoroughly and kind of wish I'd picked them up earlier!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Had my fist real cigar when I was 18 before I left for boot camp. Pretty sure it was a Macanudo. Of course I had a few swishers in high school. Had one on rare occasions after that. When I was 34 I Lived across the street from and Emerson’s in Chesapeake Va briefly and they had a deal for a 50ct humidor and 10 or 20 cigars for $100. That’s when I really got into it. Been downhill ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk