What's new

How long would this take to smoke?

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
A month or so back we challenged someone on another board to smoke a Puros Indios Chief. 18"x66. We had like 4 diff people offering 5 packs if he could do it. I left the community before I saw results. Thing costs $25.00 each!

Noticed today that they released the same 18"x66 size for the Pirate's gold. $30.00 for 10.

Everyone smokes at different speeds, but a Robusto typically takes me an hour to smoke it down to an inch. A Robusto at 4"x50 RG cigar divided by 60 minutes = 15 minutes an inch. A nub at 60 RG takes me about an hour at 3"x60, so 20 minutes an inch.

I'm guessing 66 RG is about 30 minutes per inch. If you were to smoke it down to 1" it would be around 9 HOURS of smoking.

The point is this. Is there anyone who can smoke non-stop for 9 HOURS, not even considering the cigar itself will have horrible issues with draw being so large and most likely taste like garbage.

Anyone feeling brave?

MattBell

Will work for Dirty Rats
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
I'll let you know. Mine arrives today as part of a challenge. However I could find that bundle deal and paid close to the price for ONE cigar. Wish me luck!!

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I think someone on here smoked a chief in about 4 hours. He was/is and Reyes rep and said it was a right of passage.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I think someone on here smoked a chief in about 4 hours. He was/is and Reyes rep and said it was a right of passage.
Hmm.. 4 hours doesn't seem right... I've been told I'm a fast smoker. Based on that RG it would take me atleast 30 minutes an inch. I couldn't even pass the half way point in 4 hours.

:barf:

P.S. RIP Mitch Hedberg. Me and my buddies in High School LOVED him. He was such a unique comic.

"I wanted to buy a candle holder, but the store didn't have one. So I got a cake."

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I was just about to post the link. The look on his face at the end is priceless. There may even be a slight shade of green.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I've got a Chief in my humidor that I've decided I'll keep for the novelty. However, I would like to attempt to smoke one some day.

I bet SuperKrishna could easily polish one off in 4 hours (or even faster). That dude can easily put away a 6x60 in about 30 minutes.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Hmm.. 4 hours doesn't seem right... I've been told I'm a fast smoker. Based on that RG it would take me atleast 30 minutes an inch. I couldn't even pass the half way point in 4 hours.

:barf:

P.S. RIP Mitch Hedberg. Me and my buddies in High School LOVED him. He was such a unique comic.

"I wanted to buy a candle holder, but the store didn't have one. So I got a cake."

I was there when Scott smoked "The Chief". It was a little over 4 hours.

MattBell

Will work for Dirty Rats
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Mine has been "Out for Delivery" since 4AM. I'm not sure why it hasn't arrived yet, but I'll be sure to post some pics when it arrives and some "during" photos, too! :)

Chubno

Old Fart
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I called CI yesterday to order the Chief and they are already sold out. They said they are not sure when they will be getting more. I was going to give it a try for fun but will need to wait till I can find one.

MiamiE

Herfing 24/7
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
That was my buddy and it's resting in my cabinet. Probably going to burn it tomorrow.