What's new

How much did you spend on cigars last year?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
I have finance tracking software that tells me how I spend in various categories. I looked today and it appears that I spent $11,112.56 on cigars in 2021. It doesn't seem to me like I spent that much. I bought a lot of Padron 1926s last year, apparently:cigar:.
No idea, and honestly I would hate to know,lol

Fortunately, after paying my rent of 85% if my pension to the veterans home, i have no other expenses, so all the remaining money can go to cigars without being an issue, which is pretty nice even though I don't have a lot left over, but am able to support my 2 cigar a day habit and have good cigars

ETA: you got me curious, so did the quick math, and just as an estimate, I'm looking at about $3000 a year on cigars

I friggin' LOVE cigars

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
not sure, great question. maybe like $20?

Edit: Sorry, couldn't resist. Probably a lot; gotta figure even if you grabbed ONE 200$ box a month from a new release or resupply you're already at 2400$ for the year. But who only buys one box? I would guess that you are far from the only person that spent over 10K last year on cigars... and this is the "normal people" forum lol If you go on the "rich guys" cigar forums they spend 10k plus a month on goodies.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
not sure, great question. maybe like $20?

Edit: Sorry, couldn't resist. Probably a lot; gotta figure even if you grabbed ONE 200$ box a month from a new release or resupply you're already at 2400$ for the year. But who only buys one box? I would guess that you are far from the only person that spent over 10K last year on cigars... and this is the "normal people" forum lol If you go on the "rich guys" cigar forums they spend 10k plus a month on goodies.
I love to see what a 10K months order looks like.

I can't even imagine what I would buy with that much,lol

I friggin' LOVE cigars

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Much like @CigarGavin , probably about $20 at MOST.

View attachment 168179

By my estimation, maybe $750ish this year, not inclusive of the new humi. I don't have many hobbies...may as well enjoy those that I have.
Same here.

Cigars are the only one of my hobbies I can do here, so all my leftover 15% of my pension goes to cigars every month. I'm usually broke by the end of the first week of the month, lol

I friggin' LOVE cigars

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
about $6000, did not hit the $10k I was expecting.

I am in no way rich, but hopefully in about 5 years my career will allow me to spend 10k a month for at least 1 year haha. Just a little motivation to keep me moving forward.
Nice.

10K a month for a year would probably be enough to never have to buy any more ever again, smoking 3 a day of excellent cigars

I friggin' LOVE cigars

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I went to the B&M in January and bought a few JdN Unos. That’s it. Maybe $50 after taxes?
I’ve been smoking through what has accumulated in my humidors, cut back on smoking, and cut WAY back on spending in preparation of house shopping and a wedding.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Right around $3000 for me in 2021.

That is down from between 5-$6000 the past few years. My coolers are well stocked and I am not smoking as much as I used to so I do not foresee buying much (if anything) in 2022. Probably just my SnS membership and a handful of purchases at local B&Ms when I stop in to use their lounge.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Right around $3000 for me in 2021.

That is down from between 5-$6000 the past few years. My coolers are well stocked and I am not smoking as much as I used to so I do not foresee buying much (if anything) in 2022. Probably just my SnS membership and a handful of purchases at local B&Ms when I stop in to use their lounge.
Lounge? Did somebody say “herf”? I think I heard somebody say “herf”

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Lounge? Did somebody say “herf”? I think I heard somebody say “herf”
I'd be in for a get together at Lake Country or Tobacco Grove. Just wondering how big of a crowd we could draw or if would just be me and you LOL.

Either way we definitely need to get together Alex.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I'd be in for a get together at Lake Country or Tobacco Grove. Just wondering how big of a crowd we could draw or if would just be me and you LOL.

Either way we definitely need to get together Alex.
I haven’t been to delafield in 12 years, I would be down for a trip up north. Not trying to be an enabler:whistle:

also no trying to crash the man-date:LOL:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Still too much, I don’t have an exact figure, but way less than the last 2-3 years. Smoked a bit more
last year overall but I slowed down to 2-3 per week the past two months. I need to smoke through what I have for a few years before I buy anymore but I doubt that happens.