What's new

How much is enough?

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Seriously? It seems like on certain auction sites, it's the same guys buying up all the hard to find stuff. I've been following the auctions at Famous for a while now. Why do the same 8-10 guys continually buy all the time. Just how many boxes of stuff do you need?

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I do too. And being stuck in Permafrostville puts a crimp on what I can find. Hell, the last time this box went on auction, the dingleberries bidding on it drove the price up to nearly 2x the retail value.

And this is not C-Bid. Those loons are in a class by themselves.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I was not aware there was an auction site on Famous Smoke ... I'll have to check it out.

One reason the same people are buying is that they might be retailers or middlemen with a known clientiele base ... probably rich pricks who don't care about the price as long as they get what they want.

vewyphishy

Smoking fish
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm always skeptical about that. My conspiracy theory is that those guys are in cahoots with FS. Probably driving the prices up intentionally... sometimes it backfires and they chase off all the legit bidders. They "win" the auction, but the boxes just get recycled for a future auction listing.

Just a guess. :)

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
vewyphishy said:
I'm always skeptical about that. My conspiracy theory is that those guys are in cahoots with FS. Probably driving the prices up intentionally... sometimes it backfires and they chase off all the legit bidders. They "win" the auction, but the boxes just get recycled for a future auction listing.

Just a guess. :)

I'm a bit cynical when I see this also.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I just picked up a box of Sig Maddies from Famous (not their auction site). A hell of a deal @ MSRP ($160 shipped). Word is that they got in like 20 boxes for Sig Maddies. I might be dumping some single Sig maddies I have laying around to make some room for the box I picked up. Shoot me a PM and may'be we can work something out Legends. :dancing:

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Yea I was browsing around and couldn't believe they were in stock! :smt103 Needless to say they are on there way to me right now. :smt110