What's new

How To Purchase New Release Cigars

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
(The following post, while somewhat true, is purely meant for entertainment purposes. Craig Mac assumes no responsibility if your method may vary. This post is posted under the comedy section of the forum. This post has no intention of offending anyone and if you have a problem with satire, sarcasm or lack a sense of humor please feel free to hit the back button now and navigate elsewhere.)

I thought I would toss up an educational thread on how to properly chase a new Cigar. This thread is purely based upon my knowledge of being a modern day Cigar Smoker for nearly the last decade. Here's the checklist to follow regarding new Cigar release. You simply just need to check the boxes to follow along. This thread may be adjusted to accommodate other opinions at my discretion, deal with it. :)

Here are the steps involved with a new release.

1. Unbanded photo from Manufacturer to hint what's coming.
2. Manufacturer presents concept and sneak peak at artwork/bands pertaining to said release.
3. Details become more clear. Sizes, brand name, blend composition, production numbers and other details via official press release.
4. Pre-release sample reviews appear on various forums and/or blogs.
5. ISO threads pop up.
6. Teaser photo from factory of cigars being rolled/banded/boxed/aged start to make the rounds.
7. Pre-order appears for said release.
8. "Is there a discount code?" Posts appear.
9. (Optional) teaser photo from Miami of product arriving.
10. Teaser photo of cigars arriving at headquarter location make the rounds of social media, forums, blogs and other Cigar related websites.
11. Teaser photo of cigars leaving headquarter location shipping to retailers make the rounds of social media, forums, blogs and other Cigar related websites.
12. Teaser photo of cigars arriving at retailer location via social media.
13. Email notification from your bank that funds have been taken from your account (if said option is selected).
14. Email tracking number from retailer.
15. Forums light up with "mine shipped" posts.
16. ISO posts pop up for those that missed out
17. Cigars arrive at your house.
18. ROTT reviews and why they hate or love said release.
19. Splits and sale threads pop up for those that had eyes bigger than their stomach
20. Forum/Social Media posts regarding upset customers that have yet to receive said product.
21. Cigar has rested, more review threads
22. ISO for those who had no idea said Cigar was even released.
23. See #1

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Unless it's a DE cigar and then somewhere between step 3-5 you have to show up at a JD event and swoon around him like a girl at an Elvis show in hopes of obtaining a prerelease.

Also this was not meant to offend anyone, I also know this from experience...

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
From the manufacturer side:
1) take a so-so cigar: hint on social media that you've got a new blend named "banana fudge bomb" or "rocket to Venus" or "mouth full of marbles" or something equally stupid
2) call it a limited release
3) ????
4) profit
Seems about right lately...

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
slap happy brother pulls up at HQ to jive talk / smoke up latest soon to be announced samples - following up with hi five'n yahoos once Manuf. initial 1.0 post