What's new

Howdy Ya'll

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings,

Just wanted to introduce myself. Been smoking for 16 years. Many times over the course of those years my tastes and smoking habits have changed. Currently settled in on higher-end, mild-medium bodied cigars. I can get down with a full-bodied Nicaraguan from time to time, maybe after a big steak or bacon cheeseburger with all the fixings (except tomato because fruit doesn't belong on a burger).

Graduate of the University of Alabama, and proud to say my edecution haz surved me whale. I'm gud at maths too.

Anyway, just kidding. Alabama is a great school and I'd recommend it to anyone, especially football fans. Roll Tide.

Got 2 little ones who are the most amazing and adorable little monsters that you'll ever lay eyes on.

Welp, in the interest of not boring ya'll to tears, I'll leave it to that.

Looking forward to being a part of the community here.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Welcome! I have a great friend who did his dental something or other in Alabama. I still dont understand what Roll Tide means.

Ps - put up an avatar! :D

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

History Lesson: (In all fairness I'm too illiterate to have written the following with any cogency so I totally copy and pasted this, however, it's the right story.)

The term 'Crimson Tide' was coined by Hugh Roberts, past sports editor for the Birmingham Age-Herald. He used the nickname to describe the 1907 Auburn-Alabama game played in Birmingham. The game, played in a sea of crimson mud, was the last game played between the two rivals until 1948 when the series resumed. The term coined because the red mud stained the Alabama white jerseys crimson. Alabama held Auburn, the favorite to win, to a 6-6 tie, gaining the name the 'Crimson Tide.' 'Roll Tide' was said to illustrate the Alabama varsity running on the field. It was said the team looked like the tide was rolling in thus gaining the chant 'Roll Tide.'

Rating - 100%
34   0   0

History Lesson: (In all fairness I'm too illiterate to have written the following with any cogency so I totally copy and pasted this, however, it's the right story.)

The term 'Crimson Tide' was coined by Hugh Roberts, past sports editor for the Birmingham Age-Herald. He used the nickname to describe the 1907 Auburn-Alabama game played in Birmingham. The game, played in a sea of crimson mud, was the last game played between the two rivals until 1948 when the series resumed. The term coined because the red mud stained the Alabama white jerseys crimson. Alabama held Auburn, the favorite to win, to a 6-6 tie, gaining the name the 'Crimson Tide.' 'Roll Tide' was said to illustrate the Alabama varsity running on the field. It was said the team looked like the tide was rolling in thus gaining the chant 'Roll Tide.'
Well you just used cogency properly in a sentence so now I'm questioning whether or not you actually went to Alabama..... lol

Welcome!