What's new

Hoyo De Monterrey Dark Sumatra Espresso

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My local tobacconist recommended these to me about 3 months ago, so I bought a little sampler, 6 cigars in their own little box for about $27.

A couple days ago I decided to try one, so I picked out the smallest size, the Espresso.

The wrapper was dark and smooth. I did not notice any prominent veins or seams on the cigar. It appeared and felt very well constructed.

What pleased me the most about this cigar was its flavor and smoking characteristics.

The flavor was very smooth, and it left very little aftertaste. This cigar surprised me. Every puff seemed like it would be very strong and slightly harsh, but on exhale I realized that it wasn't quite as strong as it seemed, and there never was any harshness or bitterness. The flavors were very smooth and seemed to just roll together.

I have decided that this cigar seems stronger than it really is. If that makes any sense. I would say this cigar was just on the top-side of medium.

I would recommend them!

-Pyre

Doofus

Spoon!
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Nice review.

The only one HdM DS I've had was two years ago and the burn was so incredibly bad, that I pitched it at the half-way point. I may have to re-visit them now.

Thanks

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
if you guys like these, look for the consuegra 112's at jr cigars. these are seconds of the hoyo ds's for $1 a piece shipped. the best bang for your buck out there. I have ordered 16 bundles so far.