What's new

Humi Beads

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
What tube humi tube (using heartfelt for reference) would best go with the large humi just purchased at Holt's?
half ounce?
ounce?

Should I get the tubes or best just to buy bulk and use it in a small container to take up less room?

Thanks.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Buying beads in bulk for future use is personal preference for sure. Would depend if you think you will be getting another humidor and how much money you are willing to spend now for that future potential use. You can put the bulk beads in a panty hose which works quite well for your current humidor. Heartfelt also sell empty tubes and can still buy the beads in bulk if you want.

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Well I have 2-100 ct, 1-50, 1-25 and a 20 ct humi so bulk would probably be best. and just using pantihose works? Do you have to put anything under it so it doesn't seep moisture into the wood?

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I just got done buying in bulk, 2 lbs. of 65% beads, love em. they work so much better than most everything else I have tried.

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
If you want to give me the dimensions of the humidor I will calculate it for you.

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
yeah, ok a 70qt. coolidor, I used a little over 2/3 lb good or not enough
That's enough. Just remember that you can put as much Heartfelt Beads in a humidor as you want, there is no upper limit other than space. The extra beads will give you more moisture storage and help the humidor recover quicker when the lid is opened.

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I have the same one (Savoy 100ct)

The outside dimensions are 13.5 X 9.5 X 6

Approx 770 cubic inches or .44 cubic feet
That calculates to about an ounce and a half, the two ounce tube will work or if you want the additional moisture storage go for the 4 ounce tube. You will also get the benefits I talked about in the post above this one.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have way more beads than I need for the humidor I have, but they are not that expensive. I have enough beads to condition about 2000 cubic inches of space, and yet all I have right now is a 540 cubic inch desktop.

I know that sooner or later I am going to be getting another humidor, and probably a better travel case.

The extra beads mean that I have even less work to do keeping track of things than I would if I just had an ounce of beads. The only problem I had was I over saturated the beads and had to spend almost an hour with a blow dryer to get some ability to absorb excess moisture.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
That's enough. Just remember that you can put as much Heartfelt Beads in a humidor as you want, there is no upper limit other than space. The extra beads will give you more moisture storage and help the humidor recover quicker when the lid is opened.
Thanks for the info, even though I was just kinda being a smart ass. Good to know.