What's new

humi beads

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
i just ordered some beads from heartfelt. and im thinking that hopefully it will solve my rh problem. as for having a problem with my humidor sealing... im pretty sure it's a good seal. when i shut it i can feel some resistance like the lid is snug enough. but if its not sealing properly, what can a guy do to fix it?
i just got it about a month ago, so its practically brand spankin' new...

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I would first suggest the FlashLight test to see if you have a seal issue... turn a flash light on and put it in the humi... shut the lid and turn off your lights.... if you can see the light you have a seal issue.... as far as how to fix it??

I have heard numerous fixes, none of which I have done so i would not know the reliability of any, but i am sure others will chime in...

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Let us know how the flashlight test goes. If that doesn't work and you have some of those cedar sleeves some cigars come in then you can use those to shim up the seal. Honestly though, if it doesn't seal right...I suggest you try and return it if you can do that, or just look into getting something else.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Jwrussell said:
Let us know how the flashlight test goes. If that doesn't work and you have some of those cedar sleeves some cigars come in then you can use those to shim up the seal. Honestly though, if it doesn't seal right...I suggest you try and return it if you can do that, or just look into getting something else.
Pretty much nailed it. If the seal is screwed you are in for nothing but a pain in the ass.

thebigo

I'm a Carnie
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
the flashlight test is a good idea.

It a return is not possible could you put a piece of very adhesive tape covering the lip all the way around to expand it a millimeter or so? Anyone ever tried that?