What's new

Humi Cabinet

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Any recommendations? I don't have piles of cash but also know I've got the bug and will soon be buying boxes and will need someplace to keep them.
Checking out EBAY at the moment.

Allan

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Hello Allan. There are many choices in cabinets out there. The inexpensive ebay type cabinets will look nice, but usually are lacking in the humidification department. Most of these cabinets come equipped with a cigar oasis. The cigar oasis was originally designed for desktops, and with some modifications, has found its way into larger cabinets. Not the best in humidification, but it seems that most customers are fairly satisfied.
Next up is what I sell, which is the Avallo brand of cabinets. The cabinets themselves will have some better features and options as compared to the imported cabinets. What really seperates the Avallo cabinets from the Ebay cabinets is the humidification. At this point in time, the Avallo Accumonitor has more features than any other humidifier available. It really does a nice job of taking care of your cigars.
Dave from Heartfelt Industries (an official BOTL advertiser) can help you out if you want something more custom. He will use an Avallo Accumonitor in his cabinet if you would like one. Hope I helped a bit, RonC.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
and here is my ultimate igloo plans. 1 - 150 qt igloo, 1 - electronic Cigar Oasis, 1 pound of Heartfelt beads, and 1- radio shack wireless hygrometer. Will cost about $250. will hold about 30-40 boxes. the beads will keep your humidity at a stable 65%. the cigar oasis will raise your humidity up faster than beads alone, and you wont be refilling the beads or cigar oasis for at least a year. the wireless hygrometer will prevent you from opening your cooler every 5 minutes to check the humidity level. i can send you humidipaks to calibrate your radio shack hygrometer.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Ok guys. For now< i decided on the Gettysburg, thanks to some nice coaching from you guys out there. I figure its a good place to start, the table top box can stay on the coffee table. Once the sticks start rolling in i'll consider the igloo for long term storage. I'll get some pics soon as we get going.

Cheers,

ADF

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Excellent tips and suggestions by RonC.

Another thing to keep in mind is where/how you'll be using or keeping it. I don't have a basement or other area to keep a big cooler. So, I have to consider the aesthetics of the humidor (have to keep the S/O in mind). A big coolerador would be the easiest and cheapest route, but that option isn't available for everyone. If you can't go the coolerador route, Avallo and Aristocrat cabinets are great choices. Also, if heat is a problem (like it is for me, especially with no basement that usually provides a little more cooling), the temp-controlled cabinets are a plus (that's what I'm saving my pennies for right now).

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I live in an apt, but with an extra bedroom...I just had a brainstorm..Smoking room here i come....hope the walls are airtight so the neighbors don't complain....

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
RonC said:
Hello Allan. There are many choices in cabinets out there. The inexpensive ebay type cabinets will look nice, but usually are lacking in the humidification department. Most of these cabinets come equipped with a cigar oasis. The cigar oasis was originally designed for desktops, and with some modifications, has found its way into larger cabinets. Not the best in humidification, but it seems that most customers are fairly satisfied.
Next up is what I sell, which is the Avallo brand of cabinets. The cabinets themselves will have some better features and options as compared to the imported cabinets. What really seperates the Avallo cabinets from the Ebay cabinets is the humidification. At this point in time, the Avallo Accumonitor has more features than any other humidifier available. It really does a nice job of taking care of your cigars.
Dave from Heartfelt Industries (an official BOTL advertiser) can help you out if you want something more custom. He will use an Avallo Accumonitor in his cabinet if you would like one. Hope I helped a bit, RonC.
Allan,
If you are going to get serious and boxes are part of your plan, do what you can and go for an Avallo if at all possible. I just got the 1200 and am way glad I did. When you think of all the money you will spend upgrading over time and the investment in boxes of cigars, it makes sense to invest in something that will last a very long time.
Additionally, the peace of mind you get from a state of the art humidity control system like the Accumoitor is worth every penny.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If you like good cigars then get a good cabinet spend the extra money now instead of later if you give me your e-mail I can send some pics of my new Avallo cabinet I have'nt got a gallery set up at this moment.

Matt and Ron will take care of you,

Mark