What's new

Humi-Care Crystal Gel Humidification

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Headbanger is the Kitty Litter king. This is a CI invention that adds solution to silica beads as far as I can see.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
See. I told you. Mention Kitty Litter and Poof. There is HB>:rolling:

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Strongly suggest those exact KL beads in the thread you mentioned for any cigar storage or humidor setup. If not comfortable with them or potential cat shit/piss issues, then buy the cigar beads (might not be exactly the same) at our sponsor Cigarmony with Mark or Heartfelt with David. Both companies are outstanding all around.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
See. I told you. Mention Kitty Litter and Poof. There is HB>:rolling:

Thanks Chuck, looking at the KL almost made me urinate in my pants. For for about 30 seconds would be fun as hell till the piss gets cold and then chafes your legs. (OOOPS did I say that out loud)

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
the crystal gel stuff is not kitty litter or beads. This is the jelly like material that holds a lot of water. when its dry, its about the size of a grain in rice. when you load them with water, they can get the size of a pea. They fill these with 50/50 solution, so it will maintain humidity at 70&#37;

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
IIRC, the crystal-gel stuff is all P-G based...not necessarily a bad thing, but it will wear our in a year or so.

Crystals on the other hand aren't P-G based, so assuming you don't contaminate them, they should last for much, much, much longer.

I personally use Heartfelt crystals, but others will work, including I presume kitty litter.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
i have found that the PG does last a long time. some who sell it give the wrong instructions on its use. one companies directions say to refill the humidifier with 50/50 solution when it dries out. this will load humidifier with too much pg, causing the need to replenish more often. only use water to refill when it dries out.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I have one of these, its kinda like those tubes you can get. Reusable but just get the real beads cause they are a lot less work and more accurate!

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Thanks Chuck, looking at the KL almost made me urinate in my pants. For for about 30 seconds would be fun as hell till the piss gets cold and then chafes your legs. (OOOPS did I say that out loud)
Thanks for the good laugh!!!! :rolling:

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I actually bought a can of the humi gel "blobs" from CI when I first started. I have never had any problems with it, and it lasts a long time before needing to be refilled. actually the blobs will grow to about the size of a quarter if they have enough distilled water added. I liked them very much before getting turned onto the beads from Heartfelt. I still use the humi gel in my little 20 count desktop now. It is actually a good product, at least I think so.

MithShrike

Yerba mate for life.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah I've been looking around. My humi is only 50 max which is fine by me. Anyway, I'm gonna get that Puck thing from Cigarmony. Very convenient.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've made my own gel using polymer and 50/50. The advantage to the gel is it will hold a LOT of water. All totalled I could probably load it with 16 oz. which is helpful in my case because the door to Ikeador is about 10 sq.ft and I tend to keep it open for a while when deciding what to smoke:thinkidea