What's new

Humidibbiddity

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So DullAware is on a sand bar between two rivers = about as damp as an otter's pocket most all summer. But soon as cold weather hits, you turn on the heater, or you light the hearth, and humidibbidditty in my office (which doubles as my rolling room) dives abruptly. It might be raining steadily outside (as ReMix can attest it has been doing) yet inside where heat's running it's dry as a bone. My garage right now has like six sets of rain gear hanging, boots drying, gloves dripping ... yet my hygrometers are all pointing left.

Now, usually I just break out the old Sears humidifier and fire her up. Alas, the wicky filter got all roached up. In which case I used to ride down to Sears and pay like three times what one should be worth. Alas, the local Sears rolled over and kicked it's furry little paws in the air when the parent company decided the real money was in credit cards, not mail order (note to Amazon). On-line sources are all out of these filters. I found a place that claimed to sell ersatz; but my order was back ordered 3 weeks ago..... so here I am. I ordered a new humididdifier on line -- a model not requiring a filter wicky thing. Waiting for delivery. I have a desktop atomizer going, I hung a couple wet towels in there. The battle's on.

What do you guys do in Winter?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
It stays pretty dry year round here. I found that all my leaf I have to put up to a slightly higher case to compensate for how fast it dries out