What's new

Humidor guidance

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks!

I have 2 humidors at home. Both cedar lined. One custom made that rocks my socks. The other is a Thompson that I’ve had for 3 years. Unfortunately the Thompson is starting to warp.

I need something that will last a lifetime, and hold approx 300 cigars. I’m leaning towards a wineador but I need to hear some feedback!

Thanks in advance!!

-crafted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Wineador route, a coolidor (igloo, coleman etc type cooler), or a tupperdore (basically some sort of air tight Tupperware) if you were to go a route where you and maybe your wife, significant other etc would see it and the appearance doesn't matter. Throw some bovedas in them and voila, storage.

BUT, if you wanted the fancy route and the way of the showing off humidor I would suggest Aristocrat but I saw some posts that he's throwing in the towel and no longer making any humidors.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yea, advances in humidification have made cedar humidors a luxury. If you want fancy you can always get a nice chest of some sort and store your tupperdores in it. If you have concerns about heat a cigar cooler is a good option and when properly fitted with trays they don't look half bad.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I highly recommend going the winodor route. I started mine in 2008 and with a spritz of distilled water periodically it had remained rock solid in my basement to this day. I started with a clearance wine cellar from target. Paired with a couple of pounds of heartfelt beads, shelves custom made by a gentleman "mtmouse' here in the forum and a handful of hygrometers through the years, I feel that an investment of a couple hundred dollars paid off in a lifetime of dividends in fantastic smoke.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Wineador is my 2 cents. I love mine.
Of course you could go for the Coolidor, and have an extra $150 to fill it with.
Airtight container of your choice, some bovedas, and you're set. Not even a need for a hygrometer with boveda.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I also went the wineador route and love mine. I have the Newair CC-300 and have 4 large Heartfelt 65% humidity tubes and a couple of Boveda packs in the drawers and it keeps a steady 63-65% RH. View attachment 132433
This is the one I am looking at....told the wife I wanted it for my bday, did yours come with the shelves or did you order them from somewhere? That thing is gorgeous!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Keep an eye on Sam's Club for a sale. Not sure if they still have them. The shelves are nice but really do not make best use of space. I converted two of my shelves in to drawers using some recycled cigar box wood and scrap Spanish cedar.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Keep an eye on Sam's Club for a sale. Not sure if they still have them. The shelves are nice but really do not make best use of space. I converted two of my shelves in to drawers using some recycled cigar box wood and scrap Spanish cedar.
I've got the Whynter wineadoor, same as the new air, same problem. Shelves are almost useless for singles. Care to share some pics of your improvements?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Still on the road but I have this pic with me. The metal box to the side is a power supply for my fans.
20180427_155126.jpg
I reused the shelf for the bottom and just attached walls to the back stop and each other. Mine seemed to narrow a bit to the back wall so I had to rework them a time or two. The cooling fan also sticks out a bit and I didn't want to block air flow so that may be where you want to keep a shelf with your humidification

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks folks! Fantastic input. Definitely think I’m going the wineador route. Seems the least hassle for a traveling man like myself. I have separation anxiety when I leave home over the health of my wooden humidors, lol. I’ll obviously still use them for specific sticks

-crafted

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks folks! Fantastic input. Definitely think I’m going the wineador route. Seems the least hassle for a traveling man like myself. I have separation anxiety when I leave home over the health of my wooden humidors, lol. I’ll obviously still use them for specific sticks

-crafted

Look up sensorpush and get a WiFi gateway :)
No matter what house I’m at I know how the cigars are doing.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a wineador and it’s easy storage.
But now I want something as the collection grows, to easily store boxes and see what’s there without having to pull out a bunch to get to the back.

Side by side cabinet humidor with sliding shelves seems like the next step but the ease of the wineador has me conflicted.

Any other options?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Quite a difference in the amount of money you will spend with those options especially if you need to have cooling in the cabinet.