What's new

Hurray Just Won Some Avo's

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm stoked, just won
5 AVO Domaine #50(Salomon) at $27.50
5 AVO Classic No. 6(Gordo)(6.0"x60) at $22.50

At Cbid the Devils own.

I'm stoked never had these particular Avo's but through the years never had a Avo that I didn't love!
At under 50% retail I don't think that I did too badly.

Couldn't resist also picking up
5-Pack Comfortably Numb by Espinosa Toro(6.0"x52) probably overpaid but the reviews by the customers were good, but couldn't resist the byline and styling. Been feeling Psychedelic these days.
Also bought a Colibri Nascar Rebel Lighter at $7.00

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I'm stoked, just won
5 AVO Domaine #50(Salomon) at $27.50
5 AVO Classic No. 6(Gordo)(6.0"x60) at $22.50

At Cbid the Devils own.

I'm stoked never had these particular Avo's but through the years never had a Avo that I didn't love!
At under 50% retail I don't think that I did too badly.

Couldn't resist also picking up
5-Pack Comfortably Numb by Espinosa Toro(6.0"x52) probably overpaid but the reviews by the customers were good, but couldn't resist the byline and styling. Been feeling Psychedelic these days.
Also bought a Colibri Nascar Rebel Lighter at $7.00
I have been curious about those Espinosa CN too. Let us know how they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 92.9%
20   1   0
Yep... cbid will do that to ya. Set a budget, and try not to blow it! Nice win though. Say hi in the intro thread if you haven't already, and then let us know how you like those sticks when you try them!

EDIT - You did say hi! Great to have you anyway, I must've missed it (or it may've been before I joined).

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's awful I went gonzo on Cbid my 2nd week and bought over 200 cigars. Now I've calmed down and am making purchases every 2-3 weeks or so.
Unfortunately one of the singles that I bought was a Avo and it was so delicious that it made me go back to Cbid and buy some more. Wed is my ship day so I bought em all last night.

I finally have the cigars settled down. I bought a bunch of Tupperdors along with Humidifier strips which I proceeded to fill to the top. Then I noticed that my humidity was near 80. Luckily I figured out the problem before I ended up with moldy sticks.

It turned out that my tupperwares are airtight and the cigars are overly wet, with nowhere for the moisture to escape the humidity went through the roof.
So I took out all my humidifier sticks and let them dry out over the weekend so that they can both give and receive moisture. Now it looks like they are keeping the humidity around 67.-69

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Like others have said, it's easy to get caught up in the excitement of those auction sites. Be careful, have a budget, don't overpay, and most important of all, DON'T LOG INTO C-BID DRUNK. You'll end up with a night on the couch at best from your significant other. At worst, well, you know. Trust me, it's happened.
That was a great score on the AVO's. I like all of them I have tried as well

Last edited:

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
" It turned out that my tupperwares are airtight and the cigars are overly wet, with nowhere for the moisture to escape "
this is common, as most big box retail firms keep stock overmoist to offset slow post times.
Since these cigars are in cello,in boxes,it can take them many months to dry down in a humidor environment.
I always used to remove the cello from my cigars,to more quickly dry them down, and speed up the ageing process.
Then into cedar cabs for the long nap................

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
also remember: since your container is air tight,you do not need a lot of Bovedas or other humidity providers, in fact you can unbalance the whole thing if you are not careful............;)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been curious about those Espinosa CN too. Let us know how they are.

The Espinosa was a mediocre cigar. Ok if on a budget but nowhere near the quality of a Avo. I wouldn't suggest them unless you pick em up at $2.00 per piece.
If you are interested in trying one just PM me your address and I'll send you one. BOTL

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Avo's came in and last night I smoked the Domaine. Did not disappoint delicious beginning to end and had that creamy intense yummy taste toward the last 1/3rd

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
The Espinosa was a mediocre cigar. Ok if on a budget but nowhere near the quality of a Avo. I wouldn't suggest them unless you pick em up at $2.00 per piece.
If you are interested in trying one just PM me your address and I'll send you one. BOTL
Thanks for the offer, but I will wait to pick up a fiver next time I order from Cbid. They go for about $15-$20.

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Nice bro that's rad. Avo is a brand Ive gotten almost no exposure with but I hear good things