What's new

Hydration Vs. Nicotine Buzz

Does being properly hydrated help fight the nicotine buzz?

• Yes

Votes: 27 47.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I have not noticed

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • I have not noticed, but I will give it a shot

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • I like the buzz! No water for me

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Has anyone noticed that being properly hydrated substantially battles the nicotine buzz?

After reading about this in one of our threads, I have been trying to determine if this works.

Any thoughts?

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
for me it's blood sugar levels. I believe this is the case with most of us, and why after a good meal we don't get Nic Sic. Also, if I do get Nic Sic, a spoonful of sugar will cure it within 10 minutes.

Considering we are composed primarily of water, being dehydrated affects many functions in the body. I would imagine that not having enough water, will limit the body's ability to process the nicotine.

Last edited:

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
for me it's blood sugar levels. I believe this is the case with most of us, and why after a good meal we don't get Nic Sic. Also, if I do get Nic Sic, a spoonful of sugar will cure it within 10 minutes.

I prefer Candy Orange Slice's......or lemon........or cherry......

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Did Dave say something worth while already this year?

I been at the gym and been told to drink lots of water. Next time I get the chance and weather cooperates hopefully being hydrated will help.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Did Dave say something worth while already this year?

I been at the gym and been told to drink lots of water. Next time I get the chance and weather cooperates hopefully being hydrated will help.
Not really...Nice effort, though. Probably hurt his noggin :)

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I don't get much of a nicotine buzz ever really what I do get is headaches from combination of dehydration and too many strong smokes. So that is a big reason for me to ensure I am drinking enough while smoking.

Posted via Mobile Device

Rating - 100%
75   0   0
I have noticed a difference. If I haven't ate in awhile and want a cigar I will usually down a glass or two of water and am fine.

I have noticed when I do get a buzz I haven't drank any water in awhile. I've noticed getting a buzz even after big dinners where I didn't drink any water.

I usually drink between 64-98 oz of water a day. When I don't drink enough water i can definitely feel it. This might make my experience different then others.

jjon90

CRA Member
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Not sure about water but if you have a shot of JD between puffs it thoroughly enhances the buzz.:cbig::bottle::cbig::bottle::cbig::barf:

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Being properly hydrated helps, yes, but eating helps more. Hydration also helps a lot with "cotton mouth" which makes some people want to spit a lot while smoking a cigar.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
A Clint I have a bout with that every time I smoke, so I'm going to give a few of these tips a try myself! Thanks Fellas, Nice Thread Clint! :thumbsup:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Sugar. Food. Boppa's orange slices are the gas. But then I always did like the buzz.

CBC

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
most people do not drink enough water anyway.

btw: recently paired a fumas (padilla's scrapings w/nice wrapper) w/walmart's diet dr. thunder.
oh yeah...the fumas tasted nutty and toasty, w/light leather, very slightly sweet and burns almost as hot as a road flare. a good stick for $1.
the dr. thunder...well...that tasted like carbonated motor oil. spectacular!