What's new

Hygrometer Idea

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
So my awesome fish of two years died and I decided I want to get a gecko. So I went to the store and got all the gecko stuff. Turns out that temperature and humidity are just as important (or more, arguably, cause geckos are alive and cigars aren't) in the reptile world as they are in the cigar one. Anyways, there's a nice digital thermometer/hygro at Petco for like $20, and it's on sale HERE for $17. Size is about the same as the western caliber III (or something) that I have, and I figured this one's probably at least as accurate (box says +/- 1* RH).
Just wondered if anyone's tried something like this before. I'm sure it'd work just fine in place of any cigar-specific hygro.

TYLER

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
That's the EXACT same as Heartfelt's hygrometer and not only would you be supporting a BOTL but Dave's is $2 cheaper than the sale price!

http://heartfeltindustries.com/Hygrometers.htm

~Mark
Right on! I guess we can disregard the reptile post now!
Thanks for the link!

Oh and I mist the terrarium every once in a while to keep it warm. He mostly just needs a humid hideout to shed in.

TYLER

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Halon, what kind of Gecko? I kept two Lined Day Geckos when I was in college. Unfortunately, they and the Red Eyed Tree Frogs didn't fair well on the trip from college home and from home to FL.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I'm a gecko noob, so I got a leopard gecko. I kind of wanted a chameleon but they are $$$$$.

TYLER

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Always liked the Leopards. I started with the Tree Frogs so the Day Geckos fit right into the same terrarium. Enjoy!