What's new

hygrometer ?

Panicbound

Dankster
Rating - 99.1%
201   1   0
My cheapy holt humidor's hygrometer does not work. I have tried to fix it manually, but to no avail. My question is should I buy a digi hygrometer, and are they reliable? Furthermore, I don't want to worry about fixing or replacing the existing pos. I just want the easiest method to guage without taking any space.........again the humi was only 20$

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Buy a digital hydro. The price of the humi isn't the issue, but the value of the sticks in it does. I'd go with a Oregon Scientific wireless units. They are only 35-40 dollars. Best money I've spent on Hygros, plus they are dead on. Don't however trust the analog hygro's.

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
ive got a few cheapies from Walmart for around 6 bucks. ive run the salt test on em and the boveda calibration packs and they are all within 4%. ive taken note of the difference and they work just fine!

Panicbound

Dankster
Rating - 99.1%
201   1   0
ive got a few cheapies from Walmart for around 6 bucks. ive run the salt test on em and the boveda calibration packs and they are all within 4%. ive taken note of the difference and they work just fine!
I would rather spend a couple of bucks more and get one from more of a mom and pop type business, but thx for the suggestion......

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I digital. It's pretty much the same one as the Oregon Scientific, but cheaper, and harder to find. I got mine at Radio Shack. It's a model that they have closed out, so most stores don't have them. In fact, when I got mine a month ago only 3 stores in our 10 state area had one. My store had one shipped in. I also found an extra sensor in a local store and now have one for each of my humis. The base unit can recieve a signal from up to 3 sensors (1 comes with the base unit) as well as taking a reading itself. Here are the item numbers that you can take in and have them check:

Base unit with 1 sensor: 63-1089
Extra Senson: 63-1092

Each of those is under $20.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Altercall,
Extra Senson: 63-1092

What is the Fequency on those senors? I might get one if it is 433HZ.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Sweet, I'm going to check if our local radio shack has them. My Oregon Scientific is on the same frequency. only their sensors run 35 dollars. and a new unit only costs 39 dollars. I'll see if they are compatible. Thanks Altercall.