What's new

I am Having Surgery.....

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Yep.... This friday I will be having knee surgery..... I have a TON of scar tissue, a torn miniscus, and quite a bit of fluid in my knee.....

The dr. is going in with a scope but if needed he will go all the way in depending on what he finds, my MRI a few months ago was inconclusive because of the amounts of scar tissue and fluid in my knee...

He says the surgery can be anywhere from 30 minutes to about 2 hours.... And that i will be on crutches anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months......

So, needless to say i am out of work for a few months so my smoking will decline considerably but that is one of the last things that i am worried about....

Your prayers and thoughts are greatly appreciated....

Being all drugged up for a few days i might be posting more but i am apologizing in advance for the crazy shit that i might say....

Thanks Again...

Clay

Ironman

Master Baby Maker-Feb BoM
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Good luck Clay, I had the same surgery last May, just take it easy and take the meds, you'll be fine!!!! I'm an old man LOL and I got through it.

Ironman

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Thoughts are with you Clay. I had my knee scoped in college when I tore my ACL. Hang tough. It's not fun, but you'll make it through just fine.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I'll pray that your doctor is at his best on Friday. Keep your spririts up ... a positive attitude will help you recover faster.

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Been there, done that also. You'll be amazed at how much better you will feel after the surgery. Sure rehab takes a bit, but you'll be as good as new.

smokinafuente

This space for rent.
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Martinsburg, WV ...Home of the Martinsburg Mafia.
tobby4 said:
Being all drugged up for a few days i might be posting more but i am apologizing in advance for the crazy shit that i might say....
And how will we be able to tell the difference from your drug induced post and your regular post?

Sorry but someone had to say it. LOL

But seriously, Good luck man

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
I had my hip replaced last summer, went better than I expected. I hope your recovery is as quick as mine was. Good Luck, I'll smoke a goodun for ya!

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
yea yea i knew that comment was coming i was just waiting to see who it would come from....... the recovery time all depends on what he finds is wrong when he gets in there...