What's new

I bought my first pipe yesterday

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
It is an Edwards handmade, it cost about $120. I went in blind, not really knowing anything about pipes other than I thought I'd be allowed to smoke it inside. My wife likes the smell of the blend I brought home yesterday, which is a custom blend that the local tobacconist makes for himself (he said I'd like it as a first time pipe smoker). I will venture out to other blends in good time.

For some reason though, I have this strong urge to go out and by more pipes. :smile:

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Welcome to the other dark side of the tobacco "hobby". :devilhead

Pipes are definately more economical than cigars on a per smoke basis - but you can just as easily get in over your head with purchases. My advice is to start slowly ... learn how to properly pack, light, smoke and maintain your pipes ... and try different tobacco blends as you go.

Welcome to the wonderful world of wood ...

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Congratulations. Pipes are great once broke in. I still enjoy a bowl or two and all this Boswell talk has me thinking of trying something new.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
:thumbsup: You'll get the Boswell bug soon....great pipes and great blends. The best is they are great people and treat ya like family.:applause:

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I received an order from Boswell's this morning. Smoked a bowl of Penn Dutch Treat on the way home. One of my favorites of the ten or so blends I have tried from them.

Bsslack

So-Cal/Riverside
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Congrats!

Unfortunately, These Gents know of what they Speak.

Truly a Slippery Slope. But at least it tastes Great on the way Down!

Try the Frog Morton Blends, also. They are Quite Nice.

Tedski's spot on the "take Your time" advise. A little time now in 'Getting it Right' will pay wonderful dividends and save tobacco too.

Good Luck and Welcome to Piping!

slack

MithShrike

Yerba mate for life.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got a nice little meerschaum a while back and I can't say that I'll ever go back to briar.

I have truly been enjoying the Treebeard blend from JustForHim.com's Middle Earth series.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Damn I don't blame ya Tom. You can probably take one without him knowing in the shortrun. That is until he wants to smoke out of it

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Yea, some are cheap, others appreciate in value. I know nothing between the two so.... I play it safe