What's new

I don't age my CC.. need a bigger humidor?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I smoke two CC a day and usually ship 2-3 box every other month. My humidors (2) hold maybe 150 cigars total. I have no opportunity to really age them for years. Am I missing out on a different experience? Should I buy a large humidor or build a humidor room and store a couple thousand? I do it for my wine but I haven't make the leap for cigars. I smoke only cohiba maduros (secrets, genius, magico). I have been smoking a year or two and lately enjoy it more and more having two daily.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy some aged stock... start with some 2014s and then move to an older year little by little
Sounds reasonable. Where is a reliable source to buy aged CC? Sorry I am new here. The place I order from only has new stock.. sometimes I need to wait a couple of weeks for his shipments to come in and then he overnights to me (of course it sits in customs a week)

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Sounds reasonable. Where is a reliable source to buy aged CC? Sorry I am new here. The place I order from only has new stock.. sometimes I need to wait a couple of weeks for his shipments to come in and then he overnights to me (of course it sits in customs a week)
Head to the introduction forum first ;)

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I smoke two CC a day and usually ship 2-3 box every other month. My humidors (2) hold maybe 150 cigars total. I have no opportunity to really age them for years. Am I missing out on a different experience? Should I buy a large humidor or build a humidor room and store a couple thousand? I do it for my wine but I haven't make the leap for cigars. I smoke only cohiba maduros (secrets, genius, magico). I have been smoking a year or two and lately enjoy it more and more having two daily.
My advice find the shops that have them aged as mentioned and also buy a larger humidor that you can place boxes inside. I try to buy the 2 boxes of ten smoke one box and age the 2nd box. Let them age for at least three years. It does make a tremendous difference it's magical. Many Cigars are totally different when aged, and always more flavor and less harsh. I once aged RyJ Coranados de Cedro for over five years and was amazed that the cigar was really good. When I opened the box 5 years earlier and smoked one it was really bad in my opinion. I aged them basically because I thought they were terrible, I was proven wrong over time.

My Humidor- example of full boxes that are placed inside the humidor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
If he is only smoking Cohiba maduros, does he really need to worry about aging them? I don't have any experience with the Cuban maduros and what aging might do for them.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
If he is only smoking Cohiba maduros, does he really need to worry about aging them? I don't have any experience with the Cuban maduros and what aging might do for them.
Aging Maduro surely can't hurt, the binder and filler will benefit from the aging. The Aging will bring more of the natural flavor to the Maduro wrapper and take out most of the impurities that make the cigar harsh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
easy to get a Tupperware and some ziplock bags.
buy now while the price is down (!) and beat the next increase.;)