I know it’s been done already...filters

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Juice, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Juice

Juice Donor 1

I was gifted a filtered cob recently and was surprised that the ‘filter’ was a mostly hollow tube that looks like it just traps random tobacco particles. That being said that filter was quite moist after my first bowl. Are these filters needed/suggested for newbs? I’ve seen much conflicting info in the archives and wanted a current opinion. Please no love or hate for the filter without experiences to go with....you know how opinions and assholes are similar.

BloodWood, Opie, CVAC085 and 2 others like this.
  2. CVAC085

CVAC085 Donor 4

I think the filter is meant more so to trap moisture from the tobacco before it reaches the stem. I could be wrong though and hopefully the more experienced pipers can offer better assistance.

Personally, I only have the filters on my Savinelli pipe and my cobs. And yes, I use them, since they came with it. Other than that, I’m ok without them too. It really comes down to your preference.

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk

BloodWood likes this.
  3. jsnake

jsnake

Media:
    Albums:
    I never use them. Part of it is having so many pipes I don't know what takes what. The other part is just not wanting to mess with them.

CVAC085, BloodWood and Opie like this.
  4. Xavier Dredo

Xavier Dredo

I use them when I’m using the stems that come with the cob. They trap moisture and restrict air flow. Without them the draw is just too loose for me. But I mostly use Forever Stems in my cobs that kick ass. I probably own 8-10:
    http://www.walkerbriarworks.com/html/forever_stems.html

CVAC085, BloodWood and Opie like this.
  5. BloodWood

BloodWood

CVAC085 likes this.