What's new

I need help with a new grill

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy crap.. $800+ for a charcoal grill?? :popeyes: What happened to the old Weber?

I mean.. how much difference can the outside of the grill make, as long as your food is directly over the hot coals?

I mean, they look nice...but still...

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I feel charcoal tastes so much better than gas and clean up is easier to me...just wait for it to cool and dump.

Although, I used strictly gas when I was in an apartment.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love charcoal, but to be honest, you just can't beat the ease of gas. I've got a Kenmore that I love using. During the summer, the wife and I will use the grill every night. Keeps the heat out of the house and gives us a chance to hang outside and enjoy the evening.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
N2Advnture said:
Totally agree. Up until recently, I had both a gas and Weber kettle. Now I just have the gas. Need to pick up another kettle...LOVE that thing.
Yep, Weber kettle all the way...and to those that say charcoal os too slow...how else are you able to enjoy a smoke while cooking?

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I've got the barrell type with the smaller (smoker) barrell on the side. $99 at Lowe's, best grill I ever had. Get the Charcoal Chimeny (sp) 2 sheets of news paper and you're good to go.

Gas Sucks :wink: you don't want this to happen :timebomb:

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
N2Advnture said:
My consumer reports magazine rates the Sears Kenmore grills as the best...I can get you model number (and/or other brands/models that rate high) if you like Julian
Hey Mark,

See what they say about the Weber Performer. It is a gas starting charcoal grill. From what I've read people like last years model better than the current (2005) model. I'm leaning twords this grill. They say that it only takes about 5 to 10 minutes to have your charcoal ready with the gas. Thanks

Julian

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Hey, that's a novel idea. I bet the charcoal is ready a whole lot quicker. It's pretty slick looking to...may have to consider that when after I build my deck this spring.