What's new

I Need Help

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Guys....I have to admit that Jerry and I are probably the oldest two on this site. My son, Jeff, wants to get an I-pod mini which looks very cool to me. In fact, I would not mind having one. Anybody have one or research these things. What about songs...I don't want him downloading $1000 worth of music.. I would be better off teaching him how to smoke cigars.

I-pod, dell, etc??? What do you guys think?

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
iPod, iPod Mini or the new iPod Shuffle. You can't go wrong with any of them. This is coming from someone who owns the first two.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I got the 60 gig version... use it a lot in the car with a fm transmitter.... 10 stcker cd players my arse.... I carry about 9000 songs with me where ever I go....(the whole cd library )...

the beauty is also in the car.. just tune the car radio into the right channel.. and you play the ipod through the stereo... easy to do up play lists etc but you also have access to that song you listened to a few years ago and now just have to hear ...

I cannot say anytthing wrong about either of the ipod or the ipod mini.... the shuffle seems like milking the cow for more.... too small ..why not go for a cheaper mp3 player and an extra memory stick if you go down to this one?

he can still buy his songs via cd's if that is what you want as a parent..... conversion is automatic.. just enter the cd into the computer running the supplied software (matchbox for pc, i believe or iTunes for mac... ) the rest is as automatic as you want it to be...

good present mate....

Pulse

Bite me!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I got the IPOD Mini and love it. Use it in the car, at the gym, and even here at home. It's big enough to hold a shit ton of music but small enough to fit in your pocket or not weigh you down when using the treadmill etc....

Just my 2 cents dude. As for the music, there is enough around that you can just get him a ripping program and he can convert his cd collection to MP3's and then he'll be ready to roll.:smt025

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Have an iPod and have converted CD's. Still listen to the CD's, but have made the iPod the best of what I have. It's really portable. so I can use it in the car or at work. I have an early model the 5 gig, got it about half loaded and that's gotta be over 200 songs.