What's new

I need your opinion

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
what would you think of a travel humi like the cigar caddye, or armored humidor, but in a clear case. I think it would be nice to see your cigars and foam trays. you could also keep a hygro in the case and actually see it. Only negative i can really think of is if your travel humi is out in the sun. would you guys buy something like this? thanks for the help.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I was actually thinking of modding my cigar caddy to have a clear window on the side. I could see the digital hygro and the sticks; plus it'd look pretty badass.
A completely clear cigar caddy would be pretty sweet. I'd definitely like one!

TYLER

Pulse

Bite me!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
The idea is cool for certain aspects but the thing that concerns me is that I don't like to "tempt" if not necessary when out in public. Most people will see my current ZERO Halliburton and say "cool" what is it? But if there is a clear version and people see the cigars and actually know what it is, they might be more tempted to steal it when you are not looking....

I could be wrong, but it make me thinks of leaving my wallet open on a table sort of....

1f1fan

Toast!
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I gotta agree with Rodney and Adam on this one.....not really something I would purchase either.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
thanks for the opinions. i am going to buy a few, and get custom foam made up. If they dont sell, I can find something to do with them.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Pulse said:
The idea is cool for certain aspects but the thing that concerns me is that I don't like to "tempt" if not necessary when out in public. Most people will see my current ZERO Halliburton and say "cool" what is it? But if there is a clear version and people see the cigars and actually know what it is, they might be more tempted to steal it when you are not looking....

I could be wrong, but it make me thinks of leaving my wallet open on a table sort of....
Out of site...out of mind.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
One thing comes to mind for me, and that is, if these are outside, you have to deal with the sun beating down through the clear plastic. Just seems like it would be harder to stabilize temp.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How about taking a cigar caddy and have a digital display for temp and humidity and even a clock built into the lid that would be pretty cool I'd buy that.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
mark5 said:
How about taking a cigar caddy and have a digital display for temp and humidity and even a clock built into the lid that would be pretty cool I'd buy that.
Or a slot to slide a certain hygro in but would still act as a display. Then you would be able to take it out if it needed to be tested or replaced.