What's new

"I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time." Mark Twain

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello BOTL
I would like to stop by and introduce myself. (Also at the request of the Pre-Study Package :) )
I stumbled upon this forum after reading comments in a Youtube channel about rolling your own cigars. I'm glad I did! By the way the gentleman in the video did a phenomenal job on the video. I believe his name was Robert Davis. Kudos to you sir for a great instructional video if you're on here.
I'm currently typing this from the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Haven't lived here long, just a little over two years. Spent most of my time in the neighboring state of oHIo. Funny thing is I live in Kentucky and work in Ohio and by God West Virginia. Que Country Roads...

Anyway Ive been on the Cigar love train since I was about 18. Twelve years later and I still find myself enjoying a nice smoke once every few weeks. Im pretty fortunate to have an abundance of places to which I can get a quality roll from which also have educated staff where I live. I am a huge fan of Maduros. Not to say I wont smoke a Habano/Connecticut but the darker cigars usually have my taste buds asking for them again. A few favorites include Casa Magna, Partagas Black Label and MFC Flor De Las Antillas. (If anyone has any maduro suggestions Im all ears!)

Im hoping to expand my knowledge base about rolling in general, learn from experience members and be part of a community that shares a common interest in cigars.

I have started some tobacco seeds that I hope to transplant outside. I plan on growing, harvesting, drying, fermenting and rolling my own cigars from the tobacco. From seed to cigar. Ill post some pics later of the progress and start another thread dedicated to that.

Cheers!
HercDriver

TL DR - Found forum on Youtube. From Kentucky. Like cigars. Want to roll my own from seeds I have started. YW.

Last edited:

akpreacherplayz

The Preacher
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Hello BOTL
I would like to stop by and introduce myself. (Also at the request of the Pre-Study Package :) )
I stumbled upon this forum after reading comments in a Youtube channel about rolling your own cigars. I'm glad I did! By the way the gentleman in the video did a phenomenal job on the video. I believe his name was Robert Davis. Kudos to you sir for a great instructional video if you're on here.
I'm currently typing this from the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Haven't lived here long, just a little over two years. Spent most of my time in the neighboring state of oHIo. Funny thing is I live in Kentucky and work in Ohio and by God West Virginia. Que Country Roads...

Anyway Ive been on the Cigar love train since I was about 18. Twelve years later and I still find myself enjoying a nice smoke once every few weeks. Im pretty fortunate to have an abundance of places to which I can get a quality roll from which also have educated staff where I live. I am a huge fan of Maduros. Not to say I wont smoke a Habano/Connecticut but the darker cigars usually have my taste buds asking for them again. A few favorites include Casa Magna, Partagas Black Label and MFC Flor De Las Antillas. (If anyone has any maduro suggestions Im all ears!)

Im hoping to expand my knowledge base about rolling in general, learn from experience members and be part of a community that shares a common interest in cigars.

I have started some tobacco seeds that I hope to transplant outside. I plan on growing, harvesting, drying, fermenting and rolling my own cigars from the tobacco. From seed to cigar. Ill post some pics later of the progress and start another thread dedicated to that.

Cheers!
HercDriver

TL DR - Found forum on Youtube. From Kentucky. Like cigars. Want to roll my own from seeds I have started. YW.
Welcome from Alaska!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Hey duder. Welcome from the NortSide of Chicago. Nice intro. You ever try a Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial? That's probably my favorite Maduro.
Hey @HercDriver , I know you just showed up, but just fyi, there's a reward out for this guy's (Velorock) address.
You'll get yourself a nice sampler of maduros, free!!!! ... if you can weasel it out of him.(y)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @akpreacherplayz ! One of the few places I plan to visit for sure. I want to drive up the Alaskan or Dalton Highway in some sort of 4x4. I also want to do some fishing as well. Just need to do it when the mosquitoes aren't so bad.
Welcome from Alaska! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks @Bondo 440 I hope so! My grandmother is from PA. Out in the mountains somewhere in Connellsville. Hope you're not a Steelers fan :p .
Welcome to the BOTL. You've come to the right place.
Greetings from Pennsy.
Thanks @ApeSmokes ! I LOVE AZ. Especially Tuscon. Been in there a few times to Davis Monthan for some flight testing. Cool city.
Welcome from Arizona. Nice introduction.
Sounds good ! Ill get an IP address and have a friend start digging!
Hey @HercDriver , I know you just showed up, but just fyi, there's a reward out for this guy's (Velorock) address.
You'll get yourself a nice sampler of maduros, free!!!! ... if you can weasel it out of him.(y)
@VeLoRoK There are no truer words! :cool:
Snitches and shit talkers get stitches and need walkers.
Thanks @icehog3 ! Chicago is a neat city. Been to the taste of Chicago a few times. Rode the Ferris wheel out on the pier as well as hit the museum. Michigan ave is a little on the steep end though! I also want try and make it out to see the house from the show "Shameless". I'm sure you guys get that all the time.
Welcome from the 'burbs of Chicago, where despite the proximity, @VeLoRoK' s address is still a mystery.
Thanks @CVA085 ! Been to Long Island a couple times for an interview. Rode the tram from the airport. Ended getting off at the wrong stop (one too early) and had to walk through a rough part of town all dressed up in a suit. Was quite comical. :ROFLMAO:
Welcome to BOTL from Long Island, NY!
Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk
Thanks @ATL827 ! What part? I hit up Atlanta, well more like Marietta at least a couple times a year when I hit Dobbins for currency. The Marietta diner is pretty cool if you havent been to that yet.
Welcome from Georgia!
Thanks @fisherclive! What part of MI? Been to Traverse City a few times to sail and its absolutely gorgeous. The dunes are pretty cool to walk up and down. I looked up the CAO Brazila and Ill definitely grab one! Thanks for the suggestion.
Welcome from Michigan, try a CAO brazila if you’re looking for a good maduro.
Thanks @Rupe ! Has all the snow melted where youre at in Minn?!
Welcome to BOTL from Minnesota @HercDriver :D

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres a pic of my little desktop cigar box. Good enough I think for starters. If I start to acquire an abundance of smokes Ill get a bigger one. Or make my own humidor from a wine cooler.

I also am growing some tobacco to throw out into the back yard. Heres a pic of them after about a month. Damn things take for ever!

Attachments

Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I’m from just south of Detroit...little city called Southgate.
The dunes are great and traverse city is nice too, but I’m a power boat guy myself.
Took a sailing lesson in Turks and Caicos, it wasn’t pretty....

Thanks @fisherclive! What part of MI? Been to Traverse City a few times to sail and its absolutely gorgeous. The dunes are pretty cool to walk up and down. I looked up the CAO Brazila and Ill definitely grab one! Thanks for the suggestion.