What's new

Id

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the best way to identify a cigar when it comes to you unidentified?

I've been on top25cigar to help me out but even that isn't always fool proof. I was also wondering about the measurements on top25cigar b/c it seems like when i try to measure the cigar, there's sometimes a slight difference (i.e. the cigar measures a little under 6" or a little over 6". Then there's the ring gauge, I'm not sure holding the cigar up to the ring gauge examples on cigar.com or cheaphumidors.com is accurate. At least it seems like top25cigar gives me different measurements or I'm not measuring correcly.

Can someone set me straight? I'm very confused and want to know what the hell I'm smoking. Thanks.

Jeff

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Send it to me to smoke, and then I'll tell you what it was! :rofl:

Seriously, sometimes you can never know. In fact, sometimes, you can't know for sure even when you know the brand!

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Ask the person you got it from.
Ayup.

I now mark with blank bands stick that do not come in a box with as much as I can: The name of cigar (like Padilla Miami Corona), the size, the place bought or person it came from, and the date bought or better is the production date or box code if known. This way I remember when bought from, how old it is, and where to reorder. If from another brother, I can ask them for more info later as well.

Panicbound

Dankster
Rating - 99.1%
201   1   0
Yeah I keep an inventory, but im kinda OCP like that!
I thought it was OCD...:eyepoke: :bouncetau

Anyway,

I sent them to him but I sent 20+ cigars to get him started nothing over $10 and to be honest, many I probably wouldn't know unless I saw them. It was to get him started on cigars to give him an option of what he might like and dislike.......once he gains a taste, then the fun really starts:pitchfork